Paul's Reviews > Why We Suck: A Feel Good Guide to Staying Fat, Loud, Lazy and Stupid

Why We Suck by Denis Leary

M 50x66

did not like it
bookshelves: library, never-finished

Why does this book suck ? If I could give it negative stars, I would. You will learn ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from this book, and have a bad time doing it. It isn't because he is "daring" and "outspoken". No, it's just because he isn't funny. In one of his prefaces, he challenges the reader to put the book down, effectively saying that we can't handle it. That's good advice, but not for the reason given.

I expected (hoped) for a cross between Dennis Miller and George Carlin. I got nothing that I couldn't get in any bar after about 1 am. Mindless drivel.

I didn't finish this, so perhaps it gets better... but I didn't have the interest to continue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why We Suck.

Started Reading
July 2, 2010 – Shelved
July 2, 2010 – Shelved as: library
July 2, 2010 – Shelved as: never-finished
July 2, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Nikita It doesn't get better at all.
He is trying so hard to be edgy and offensive-on-purpose, but he fails at that as hard as he is failing at his attempts at humor in this book.
All the social commentary seems to be very tame and what other people have done multiple times before, if the commentary is there at all.