Tabitha Olson's Reviews > Blue Fire

Blue Fire by Janice Hardy

Jul 02, 2010

bookshelves: recent-reviews, 4-to-5-stars

I read The Shifter earlier this year and loved it. Nya is my favorite kind of character: a spunky, proactive, reluctant hero. She doesn’t want attention or kudos, or even to be noticed, really. But when someone is in danger, she steps up without even thinking twice. I love her.

Blue Fire picks up almost right where The Shifter leaves off. And, it packs just as much of a punch as the first book. Lots of action, great characters, and interesting twists. It explores some great themes of preconceptions, relying on others, and knowing who you really are. Some of the twists were fantastic and heightened the tension tenfold. I loved it. This is definitely NOT a sophomore slump of a book.

If anything, the story was a bit too fast-paced. It wasn’t quite as smooth as The Shifter, and sometimes felt a little rushed. But still, the tension never let up and I was glued to the book from the first to last page. If I’d had the time, I’d have finished it in one sitting. I’m definitely looking forward to book three.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Fire.