Carol Drufke-Zeller's Reviews > The Coconut Diet: The Secret Ingredient That Helps You Lose Weight While You Eat Your Favorite Foods

The Coconut Diet by Cherie Calbom

Jul 02, 2010

liked it

My nutritionist challenges this with saying the coconut oil is not necessary, so I'm not sure what to think?

I could tell I felt better using it, and I would like to continue to see if I have some results!

Very hard to stay entirely off of carbs for three weeks, especially with a family, and being head cook, and two men who have high metabolisms and need to eat! Difficult to plan two separate meals every evening. So I have just tried to go back to less carbs.

I definitely like the recipes, and the cleanses are a great thing, so I will be trying those...

Overall, this book had some great info, and I would not at all disregard the research within on coconut oil. My nutritionist may just not be up on it, we didn't get into any discussion on it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coconut Diet.

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole The naturepathologist I work thinks coconut is great in just about any form you can get it, because of the medium chain fatty acids. I wish I could use it. I'm allergic and get horrible stomach cramps when I have it.