Jay Kristoff's Reviews > Illuminae

with a Mad Computer:

and a Deadly Virus Outbreak:

in the Middle of an Interstellar War:

description

It's without a doubt the coolest book I've ever written.

I'm pretty sure you've never read a book like it.

So . . . enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illuminae.

Finished Reading
November 4, 2014 – Shelved

Elena I'm sold.

Silea Sign me up!

Lisazj1 CAN'T WAIT!

Andrea But! where is the cover??? This is torture!

Allen and Unwin <3 <3 <3

Carina Olsen YEAH. This sounds all kinds of awesome. Your review is amazing, Jay ;) I cannot wait to read this book. <3 SO EXCITED. Wants it now, though.

Kat Kennedy You're so goddamn evil, Kristoff. <3

Kate Copeseeley Tyler and Caroline FOREVER!!!
(and also your book looks pretty cool, I love sci-fi)

message 9: by Brigid (new) - added it

Brigid EVIL AUTHOR....

I'm gonna take that explosion gif from you, btw. HEHEHEHE

message 10: by Joey (new) - added it

Joey What the hibajiba? Really? Interesting...

message 11: by Navessa (new) - added it

Navessa

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige  Bookdragon BAD AUTHOR.BAD AUTHOR. Why do you have to torture us?

message 13: by Barakiel (new) - added it

Barakiel I love your reviews. XD

message 14: by Jay (new) - added it

Jay Kristoff Aw thanks! :)

Rachel's Book Reviews I'm planning on picking up a copy at ALA15 :) Love the vampire diaries kiss gif. Those two were explosive in the chemistry department...

Vanessa J. I've got to say... I'm really excited for this book, but this is not what I originally wanted to tell. This is what I wanted to say: This review is GOLD. I love it.

Xandra (Literary Legionnaire) I just finished Illuminae this morning and it was definitely one of the best books I've ever read. (And your review was amazing and summed it up so perfectly!!) I absolutely loved the book :)

Bibliofiendlm Just finished! Crafting review but its difficult because I've been rendered speechless.

message 19: by KL (new) - rated it 5 stars

KL (Cat) It's definitely one of the coolest YA novels I've ever read! Marathoned it for three and a half hours straight, but definitely worth it. Can't wait for it to become a hit and thank you so much for writing this spectacular novel!

Hayley In agreement with everyone here.... fantastic. Utterly astounding.

Carina Olsen You already know how much I adore this book. <3 It was the best. Sigh. I cannot wait to re-read it :D So excited! And oh, your review is stunning Jay ;) And so accurate.

Jessica This is one of the best reviews I've seen pop up on my feed. :D

message 23: by Daibidh (new) - added it

Daibidh Damn it. After this review, I feel compelled to read this... even if it DOES have romance!

Silea Don't worry about it. I'm anti-romance and I loved the book.

message 25: by Daibidh (new) - added it

Daibidh Silea wrote: "Don't worry about it. I'm anti-romance and I loved the book."

Thank God!

message 26: by Pranta (new)

Pranta Ghosh Dastider hahaha ... you are so innovative :D ... nice summery.

Sarah Nichole This summary is on point!! Your gifs are perfect, and your book was beyond amazing! You truly mixed together all of my favorite things <3

message 28: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh Manners Holy s*** that review makes me want to read the book....although im not sure it will be able to live up to that hype....totally cool with the gifs and the suspense (my internet is slow)

5 stars for the this and i imagine soon to be 5 stars for the book....now just to find the time to read it!!!

message 29: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Thank you for writing this book! I'm always looking for sci-fi/fantasy to read that is not misogynstic and features strong female characters. I loved Kady, although AIDAN was my favorite character for sure :)

I have to say, the book tease didn't do it justice- I was kind of "meh" about it, but once I picked the book up I couldn't stop.

Maddie Stewart What gave you the idea to write a book like that? Emails, interviews, webs, reports, etc.?

message 31: by Bree (new) - added it

Bree Love your review:) I'm hooked, and following your reviews now:)

Jason This. This is the best review. Can you make the sequel play animated gifs on the pages?

message 33: by Adrianna (new)

Adrianna There are zombies in this book?

Silea Sorta.

Alanna Buehring OMG, if I hadn't already read it and become obsessed, this review would have done it for me! Excellent book! I NEED the second book so HURRY pleeeaase?!

message 36: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I read this and was like, this is a perfect review! I got to the bottom and noticed that it was by you! Loved this book.

Swalsk This review actually sold me in reading the book. So, thank you. It was exactly as you described and just as amazing.

Nigham Mad computer? AIDAN was not mad... it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! <3

Melissa My new favorite book!

message 40: by Salimah (new)

Salimah This is perfection. You took me through the emotions I feel when watching The 100, Star Wars, Romeo & Juliet (amongst other historical fictions), GoT, etc. #epic

Silvia I totally agree

message 42: by Juan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juan Mikalef Great review man!

Grace Gunawan I cried.... it was AWESOME! my heart was still beating so hard even after the ending.... omg

kristin That about sums it up! Well DONE!!!

Whitney The worst part of this book was when I couldn't turn the page on my ereader. It made me say a bad word.

message 46: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Mckeown Now that I've read/watched this review , I definitely have to read the book :-)

message 47: by K (new)

K G Oh, so you WROTE this book? Very impressive, sir.

Ruqaiya it IS amazing and so unique. I'm loving reading it!!!

Julia Mesrobian Jay, I just finished your book and I loved it!
Thank you and Amie for writing it!!!

Natalie Diller I promised my self I was going to right a polite and formal comment on your review. Sadly, I can't. Thanyoutankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthanlyouthankyouthanlyouthankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book is amazing and so is this review!! I love the format and the characters and the ideas and it just swept me off my feet!! (Ok that sounds weird but cares?) I would be soooooooooooooo so happy if you continued writing books this good, if anyone did really. This is one of the books that I pick up when I don't have any new books and need to read something. Thank you

« previous 1