Sarah's Reviews > Between the Notes

Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat

“We were moving to Lakeside.”

This was a YA contemporary romance, about a girl from a rich family, who suddenly found herself not so rich anymore.

I liked Ivy, and I was pleased that while she was upset about having to move house, and losing her piano, she didn’t throw a total tantrum or think only of herself. She actually tried to think of ways to make things better for her whole family, and was prepared to give things up to achieve that.

“I’ll get a job,” I said. “I just put an application in at Save-a-Cent.”

The storyline in this was about Ivy adapting to her new life, but we also got a bit of romance. I wasn’t sure whether Ivy would end up with James or Lennie, and we were kept guessing right up ‘til the end! I did find the pace in this a little slow though, and the book felt long because of it.

“We both laughed, and he took one of my braids in his fingers and tugged it until my lips were close enough to kiss. And then he did, he kissed me,”

The ending to this was a happy one which was good, and it seemed that Ivy was really learning to see what was really important to her, and what wasn’t so important.
6.25 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Notes.

November 3, 2014 – Shelved