Laurie Garrison 's Reviews > The Darkest Secret

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter

Jul 01, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, requests, keepers, favorites, demon
Read from March 23 to 24, 2011

Gena Showalter delivers a deep depth into emotions with The Darkest Secret; LOTU fans will not be disappointed. You may even find yourself hanging onto your book so tight that you’ll leave prints. I fell hard for both Amun and Haidee. Both enemy’s and yet they need each other in a way that is so deep that will leave your mouth hanging open saying I can’t believe Gena pulled this off and yet she didn’t drag the story out or leave you feeling that they were trusted together to fast and hard. Totally brilliant! You get tons of action and secrets galore to unravel.

I enjoyed the way Gena wrote the romance between these two enemies. When Hadiee is brought in by Strider she never dream she would find an attraction among the enemy, nor did Amun. These two need each other in a way that they cant deny. In order to save each other both must pay a price, one pays a higher price by giving their life.

I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to find out who or what Haidee really was and when I found out, I was left with my mouth hung open saying WOW! Leave it to Gena to think about writing it this way.

As always you get to know the other Lords more. One of the Lords gets his butt kicked by Amun, that right someone should have kept his thoughts or secret to himself LOL.

The only downside I found and it may leave some of you ticked is the sexual tension is very high between these two, but you won’t get to the actual sex for a long, long while, so just hang on. Oh ya, you may get mad almost the end…. Yep, it left me gasping and saying NO! Please don’t leave it this way.. Yep, you have to read it to find out what happened.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Secret.

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Cannot wait until tuesday! Great review!

message 2: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Oh no! You already read it? >.<

Please tell me more any juicy details :D..

I ordered mine from BD, 3 days ago, must wait 3 weeks later to read it :/

Laurie Garrison Jen wrote: "Cannot wait until tuesday! Great review!"

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Laurie Garrison Ren wrote: "Oh no! You already read it? >.<

Please tell me more any juicy details :D..

I ordered mine from BD, 3 days ago, must wait 3 weeks later to read it :/"

Spoilers below
Yep, I was one of the lucky ones to get an ARC copy. Here's two jucie details. Hadiee has a boyfriend that looks just like Amun so at first she thinks it him for a bit. Strider has a thing for Hadiee when he brings her in, its so bad he has to leave...

I enjoyed this book better then all of the others. I really felt Gena shows her brillent tallent by the way she waved these two togehter.

message 5: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren She did it again then! :D

I think her book that make me "oooh" and "aah" is The Darkest Passion, full of surprised! ^^

Laurie Garrison Kiki~Silk~ES wrote: "Great review Laurie!! I can't wait to read this."

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly Loved your review Laurie! I have to wait till my copy comes. I need all my books to be the same size if possible and I need to wait till Rhapsody delivers it in their "special edition" size.

Laurie Garrison Thanks! I hate waiting on them. I don't know why they cant get the books out the day of the release. I had one book I ordered and the day of the release date they had the status backordered that stinking day grrr. I think this one took two weeks to get.. Doubleday book club is the same way.

I hope you enjoy it when you do get it.

Kristin - *Nocturnal Bites* Can't wait to read this!! Up next after Lover Unleashed!;)

Myranda Just starting this book.. Thanks for the review!! ... By the way, Lover Unleashed is AMAZING, Kristin!