Michelle's Reviews > Death Without Company

Death Without Company by Craig Johnson

liked it
bookshelves: 2014, kindle, favorite-series, reviewed, 2017, mystery-thriller, read-again, westerns
Read 2 times. Last read April 26, 2017.

Sheriff Longmire, I think I have a literary crush on you and Henry Standing Bear.

In book 2, Walt finds himself investigating a death at the Durant Assisted Living facility where former sheriff and current part-time dispatcher Lucian Connelly lives. Lucian knows something's not right about Mari Baroja's death, and calls Walt in to look into it for him. The investigation spans back 50 years, uncovering skeletons in a lot of closets in Absaroka County, Wyoming and giving us more insight into Lucian's past. We also get introduced to new deputy Santiago Saizarbitoria, who I hope is sticking around for the long haul. He adds a much needed balance to Vic Moretti and will be good for Walt, too. We also get to meet Walt's daughter, Cady, and other new characters are introduced to Durant as well. And there is snow. Lots of snow. Way too much snow for me.

Overall, a fun mystery series that makes me glad I don't live in the blizzard climate of Wyoming. Looking forward to starting book 3 soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Without Company.

November 2, 2014 – Shelved