Darcy's Reviews > Fair Game

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

Jun 30, 2010

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, shifters, uf, fae, audio-book, listened-to-at-work, 2015, ghosts, 2018, re-read-2018

I will admit that I didn't care for this series as much as the Mercy one, until I did a re-read this fall. All of a sudden I was seeing things in a different way and really got why everyone loved this one too, and was looking forward to this book.

I love that Anna can stand up to people, but doesn't use her power for evil. She quietly argues her point and is willing to do so until they see her point of view. Her using this with Bran had me laughing. You could see that Bran wanted to see her point, but had to look at the big picture for the wolves.

I also really liked that Anna knew something was wrong with Charles. She tried to give him space to figure things out on his own and to come to her with it. At this point I was a little mad at Charles. He had to know he was hurting Anna with his actions, but just didn't want to see it. I was glad that Brother Wolf was there to help him out and later to see what he was doing.

I think Adam's solution of sending Anna and Charles to Boston was a good one. It really allowed Anna time to shine, encouraged her to embrace what she is and do good, while letting Charles be the one in the background for once.

It was interesting seeing both Anna and Charles work with the FBI and all the other law enforcement personnel. I loved how Anna coached them, while Charles intimidated them. It really took all of them with all of their knowledge to figure out the bad guys and to catch them.

I hated the trial at the end. I am not a fan of vigilante justice, but this time I fully endorsed the actions. If this would have been real life, I would have been cheering them on. This action will bring about big changes within this world and the Mercy books, I look forward to seeing just what they are!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fair Game.

June 30, 2010 – Shelved
March 11, 2012 – Started Reading
March 11, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012
March 11, 2012 – Shelved as: e-book
March 11, 2012 – Shelved as: shifters
March 11, 2012 – Shelved as: uf
March 11, 2012 –
75.0% "I hate to see Charles struggle, but love how Anna keeps fighting for him."
March 12, 2012 – Shelved as: fae
March 12, 2012 – Finished Reading
May 14, 2012 – Shelved as: audio-book
May 14, 2012 – Shelved as: listened-to-at-work
December 28, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
December 28, 2015 – Shelved as: ghosts
May 14, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
May 14, 2018 – Shelved as: re-read-2018

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ are you reading or listening to this one?

Darcy I am reading it. I will listen to it later, probably sometime this summer. I do like the narrator for the series.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ I finished this one on Thurs...I think it is my favorite so far....

Darcy I didn't really like this series very much until I did a re-read by audio this fall. Somehow the second time through made me look at things differently and I loved it and was really looking forward to this one.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ Did you see the ending coming?? (view spoiler)

Darcy I didn't see the ending coming at all. (view spoiler)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ The next Mercy book and the next A&O book should be very interesting.....

Darcy Oh yeah, there will be far reaching repercussions. I want to see what Zee says/thinks.