Cary's Reviews > 2nd Chance

Jun 30, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: crime-mystery-thriller
Read in June, 2010

I usually read James Patterson books as a guilty pleasure and quick read, interspersed between "good" reads. I tend to prefer the Alex Cross books, but I recently received the 3rd book in the Women's Murder Club series, and decided I should probably read the first two.

I'm kind of disappointed that I did, because I'm beginning to find these books tiresome and recycled, and even sort of irritating.

I really don't consider myself a book snob, and I can usually find some enjoyment in any book I finish. And, I did find a LITTLE enjoyment, but I'm starting to feel like these are becoming a waste of my time.

James Patterson, you have so many books out there. And I really honestly don't believe you write them all. And even if you do, I'm starting to feel like you have a template where you fill in the characters' names and details as if it were Mad Libs. I'm also really intrigued and kind of want to do a psychological study on you. I believe that common themes in an author's books tend to say a lot about who that author is deep down. And that fact worries me.

I'm sorry to say, but at least for now, I think I will be on a James Patterson hiatus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 2nd Chance.

08/11/2016 marked as: read