Caz's Reviews > How the Scoundrel Seduces

How the Scoundrel Seduces by Sabrina Jeffries

bookshelves: 4-and-5-star-books, audiobook, audiogals, romance-1800-1850
Read 2 times. Last read September 28, 2014.

I've given this an A for narration and B for content at AudioGals. I liked it better in audio :P

In the first book in this series, What the Duke Desires, we learned that Viscount Rathmoor had two families – two sons (George and Dominick) by his late wife, and a son and daughter (Tristan and Lisette) by his French mistress of twenty years. The viscount’s failure to provide for all his children leads to a last-ditch death-bed attempt to add a codicil to his will, but he is thwarted by George, who destroys it in front of Tristan and then orders him, his mother and his sister to leave the estate before his father’s body is even cold.

In How the Scoundrel Seduces, we see those events and subsequent fall-out from Tristan’s point of view, as narrator Corrie James paints a truly vivid picture of the dying viscount and his two sons, with George sounding immediately unpleasant and Tristan youthful and somewhat naïve.

You can read the rest of this review at AudioGals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How the Scoundrel Seduces.

November 14, 2013 – Shelved (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
November 14, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
September 25, 2014 – Started Reading (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
September 25, 2014 – Shelved as: aar (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
September 25, 2014 – Shelved as: arc (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
September 25, 2014 –
21.0% (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
September 26, 2014 –
65.0% (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
September 26, 2014 –
66.0% "How can an experienced author like Ms Jeffries write a line like this:\n \n "This beast is what I want to put inside you"\n \n And not realise her readers are going to laugh their heads off?" (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
September 26, 2014 – Finished Reading (Mass Market Paperback Edition)
Started Reading
September 28, 2014 – Finished Reading
November 1, 2014 – Shelved
November 9, 2014 – Shelved as: 4-and-5-star-books
November 9, 2014 – Shelved as: audiobook
November 9, 2014 – Shelved as: audiogals
November 9, 2014 – Shelved as: romance-1800-1850

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Lady Wesley (new) - added it

Lady Wesley I listened to the first book and read the second, and I agree with your assessment. Corrie James was so good that listening was better than reading.

message 2: by Caz (last edited Nov 01, 2014 01:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caz Lady Wesley wrote: "I listened to the first book and read the second, and I agree with your assessment. Corrie James was so good that listening was better than reading."

Yes - I gave the book a B- or C+ at AAR, but upgraded it to a B here because it worked better in audio. It's weird, I suppose, because the story is the story is the story - but sometimes, a good narrator can make it better.

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria I've tried Sabrina Jeffries and can't get into her stories or writing style.

message 4: by Caz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caz Maria wrote: "I've tried Sabrina Jeffries and can't get into her stories or writing style."

I've not read her much outside of this series, which, I admit, I've been enjoying a bit more in audio than in print.