Gretchen (About That Story)'s Reviews > Hard as Steel

Hard as Steel by Laura Kaye

bookshelves: 2015-reads, romance, adult, arc-read

This was so awesome! Love, love, loved it! This was a full story that really packed a punch. It was full of emotion, intensity, and heat.

Ike and Jessica are wonderful characters and I loved getting to know them and about their pasts. They have fantastic chemistry together. There was so much sexual tension and animosity, it was great. I couldn't get enough. I love Ike and Jessica opening up and coming together and seeing those sweet and vulnerable moments between the two. Love their attraction and heat as well (oh the heat! Seriously, WOW!)!

This story overlaps with the final Hard Ink book, Hard To Let Go, which I thought was really cool. I loved getting those bits and pieces and reliving those moments. Extremely well written story, excellent development and build.

I thought I was excited for the new Raven Riders series before but after reading this and getting a peek into Ike's world and meeting some of the other Ravens, I am even more excited. Bring it on!

Fantastic read! Laura Kaye is a great story teller that really pulls you in. I pretty much inhaled this in one sitting. 5 hot stars!

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard as Steel.

October 31, 2014 – Shelved
October 31, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
September 15, 2015 – Started Reading
September 15, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reads
September 15, 2015 – Shelved as: romance
September 16, 2015 – Shelved as: adult
September 16, 2015 – Finished Reading
April 10, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by DW (new)

DW Great review!!

Gretchen  (About That Story) DW wrote: "Great review!!"

Thanks so much! I really did think it was fantastic! :-)