SamJ ★Needs a HEA★'s Reviews > Overflow

Overflow by Brynne Asher

Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received by author in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Romance
Series : - 1st in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - yes
Rating - 4 stars

★Review★

I have to be honest, I am not a huge fan of books written in present tense, I tend to find them awkward and clunky to read.

But in saying that, I soon got dragged into the story and stopped noticing it so much.

I really liked the main characters and the supporting cast was great fun, although I gave up trying to keep track of who was a son/daughter of who, who was an aunt, which one was a cousin etc....apart form Tony, since I fell in love with him.

Yes, it was insta lust/love, but seems hard to find a romance book lately that is not.

Certain things could have been improved upon, for example, I completely forgot about the prologue and what that could have had to do with the story, until near the end when it made sense. I was never quite sure just exactly WHY the bad guys at the beginning would have fixated on our heroine to such a point, and it did get overly descriptive at times, with regards to home furnishings etc, for example we get a 2 page description of a ruddy laundry room in a home we never visit again. And the hero's past just hitting us out of the blue, bearing in mind this is dual POV, so we have been inside the head of the hero.

But, I still found it a hugely enjoyable story, with characters I really liked, and I truly enjoyed it. I believe this is the first published book by this author and she has huge potential to become very good. Yes, I had some niggles and issues with the book, but she can write an engaging story with characters I enjoyed, which is half the battle for getting me to want to read an author again. Indeed, I am starting book 2, since it is Tony, and well, that is all I need to say.

This book is also available on KU.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overflow.

October 31, 2014 – Shelved
October 31, 2014 – Shelved as: on-kindle-waiting-to-be-read
January 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
February 20, 2015 – Shelved as: on-kindle-waiting-to-be-read
May 26, 2015 – Shelved as: copy-received-for-honest-review
June 18, 2015 – Started Reading
June 19, 2015 –
29.0% " "James was my first (not to mention only) plus, we were together a long time before I gave it up. James said it felt like forever which clearly it was not but still, I'm not slutty" \n Sigh - just why? You now I am not going to think bad about a female character just because she has had more than one sexual partner people. And it most certainly would not make her slutty. Why do authors have to do this?"
June 20, 2015 – Finished Reading
June 21, 2015 – Shelved as: hero-tattoos
June 21, 2015 – Shelved as: theme-mystery-suspense-murder-etc
June 21, 2015 – Shelved as: theme-saved-by-hero
June 21, 2015 – Shelved as: theme-secrets-and-lies

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Blair Sooooo true! This makes me insane!

Lynn I really liked this series, hope it gets better for you :)

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★ Lynn wrote: "I really liked this series, hope it gets better for you :)"

I am enjoying it, just a small issue with something that for me I really dislike in romance books.

Heather wrote: "Sooooo true! This makes me insane!"

It is tiresome isn't it!

message 4: by Brynne (new) - added it

Brynne Asher Thanks for trying it, I hope you enjoy Tony :)

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★ Brynne wrote: "Thanks for trying it, I hope you enjoy Tony :)"

Oh, I really liked Tony. He was great in this book.

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) Amazing review Hun ;)

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★ Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) wrote: "Amazing review Hun ;)"

thanks :-)

message 8: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Wonderful review Sam!

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★ Kathleen wrote: "Wonderful review Sam!"

Thanks :-)