Maria "Rosie" Poli's Reviews > Not Yet

Not Yet by Laura  Ward

Oct 30, 2014

bookshelves: favorites, love-stories-soft

This book took me in completely; I was hanging out at the pool with Emma and Landon. What a beautiful story. I felt I was part of the story and the characters were my neighbors.

Emma is a young, strong and independent woman that had to grow up fast. She is very dedicated to her family; three women abandoned by the man in their lives. Growing up without a father and watching her mother struggle to make ends meet while raising Emma and her older sister. Emma has closed herself behind a wall; she didn't want any distractions and she did not trust men.

In comes Landon; hot, confident and flirtatious. Emma is not impressed; at least that is what she tells herself. But, she slowly starts thinking of Mr. Cool in ways she’d rather not. Emma and Landon get to know each other during the summer. Emma realizes there is more to Landon than her initial assessment. Together they grow, change, and learn. We see Landon find his true self and Emma learns to trust and letting things happen without her having to be in control. Is this just a summer fling?

This story is about true unconditional love, acceptance and loyalty. Unconditional love: Landon will do anything and everything for Emma. Acceptance: accepting others, no matter if they are different. Learning to stand up for those who need a voice. Loyalty: family and friends who do not turn their back on those they love.

A truly beautiful story; beautifully written. I love the lessons learned at the end of each chapter. This is one of those stories that stay in your heart. It will make you smile. But, there is also a shocking turn in the story that totally surprised me!

I was provided with a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Yet.

Started Reading