Bonnie's Reviews > The Reckoning

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Jun 29, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, my-library-in-print, owned-and-read, my-whole-library, fantasy, dark-fiction

** spoiler alert ** If I didn’t know that there was another book following this trilogy, The Gathering, then I would say well that didn’t end very well did it? It felt unfinished, but with The Gathering coming out, even though I know it’s not following the same main character, I guess we’ll have to wait and see how unfinished this trilogy was (I’m starting to wonder now if all her books feel unfinished or if it’s just the ones I’ve read).

I guess you could say I’m going backwards with sharing thoughts on the book, but the ending really bugged me because after being completely immersed in this story for two days (that’s how engrossing it was! 3 books in two days. I may need a break) the ending felt rushed and a little unsatisfactory because of it.

It also didn’t help that the story started out particularly frustrating, especially with Simon and the adults that come along. First I feel there are three stages to Simon in the trilogy all the way up to the first 100-150 pages in The Reckoning.

For the rest of my review please check out my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reckoning.

June 29, 2010 – Shelved