Kasey's Reviews > Ask Me No Questions

Ask Me No Questions by Marina Budhos

** spoiler alert ** This book had its up and it’s downs. I had a hard time reading it at first, but then I didn’t want to put it down. I think it had put a very different outlook on my opinion on immigration. I used to be that person who was all like “if you don’t have a Green card, Get out!” But, now I see everything differently. I see that they too are trying to make a better life for their selves. I now believe that it is one-hundred percent okay for them to be here and doing well for our country. I think it is a great thing to see them so eager to work. There are so many people that all they do is sit at home and collect their child support or even welfare. But, you see that the immigrants are actually doing the gross jobs that none of us would want to do. But, they actually think of this as a good life like they are getting somewhere. I think that immigrants are probably way better workers than most of these low lives in our country. Also I would like to point out that a lot of the high school even college students are going and showing all these kids up because they try. Some are those students that struggle but most are students that fit in and even excel in every aspect in life.
I now would like to mention that I think I would pass out majorly if I was valedictorian. I also would not be able to have the courage to tell my secret up front of everybody. I would probably start crying. People would most likely start falling asleep. I think that the valedictorian speech should be able your high school career and your friends. I think it should exceed everyone’s expectations of the speech. I think it should also be talking about the good times of being a high school student.
I also want to talk about the ending of the book. I loved it. It makes me so happy when I read a happy ending. Not like feed. Feed can die. Anyways, I just want to say that It makes me so happy that they got their right papers and the worry can be wiped off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me No Questions.

October 29, 2014 – Started Reading
October 29, 2014 – Shelved
October 31, 2014 –
page 0
0.0% "Im not really sure what to think about the book right now. Im ready for the adventure!"
October 31, 2014 –
page 29
16.48% "I am getting into this book already! Im so in for this adventure through this deportation."
November 4, 2014 –
page 53
30.11% "I would never be able to leave. I wouldn't be as brave as the girls especially when they have families around getting deported."
November 4, 2014 –
page 53
30.11% "I would not be able to be as strong as Nadira. She makes it seem so easy to just leave. But, she has dreams."
November 7, 2014 –
page 95
53.98% "Having everything and everyone taken from me and not being accepted would be my biggest fear."
November 11, 2014 –
page 115
65.34% "I don't want to see Alisha throw her whole life away and give up:("
November 14, 2014 –
page 115
65.34% "I'm on fire about this book. I use to think that immigrants should be deported or whatever but it helps look at their lives. It looks at all their struggles they have to go through."
November 21, 2014 –
page 147
83.52% "ABBA is home!!!:)"
November 26, 2014 – Finished Reading