Catarina's Reviews > Amour Amour

bookshelves: cotton-candy-romance, perfect-book-boyfriend, the-alpha-syndrome

4 Acrobatic Stars.

”Love is a circus.”

description

Thora leaves everything and goes to Vegas, trying out for the cirque, more specifically Amour Amour, a very famous Vegas show. She doesn’t get it, but Nikolai, the show male leader tells her she may have a shot next year and that we will train her privately. And so she decides to stay in Vegas fighting for her dream. But eventually she and Nikolai fall in love and everything starts to get more serious. And when it comes to choosing between love or your passion, what will you be more willing to lose?

description

I’m not very familiar with these author’s books, however, the blurb seemed very promising and I decided to give it a try. And I’ve got to say that despite the slow start it eventually picked up and turned into a pretty good reading. This book wasn’t just a book, it was an experience that left me with a strange desire to go watching the next Cirque Du Soleil show near me.
It was a sweet and heartwarming romance and I’ll definitely keep following these authors work.

Rating: 4 Stars.
Characters Development: I liked Thora and her perseverance. When the easiest way would be returning to college, near her family and do the safe path, she chose the hardest way and didn’t give up on her dream. And that strength has to be admirable. Nikolai was also pretty good and I liked how he pushed Thora to her best. There was one specific attitude from him I really didn’t like, but I eventually forgave him. I liked them as a couple although it took too long for them to finally get together. I really liked his brothers, and I’m still hoping for a book about them!
Steam: Some hot moments.
Sensible Subjects: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amour Amour.

October 28, 2014 – Shelved
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: dying-while-waiting
December 11, 2014 – Started Reading
December 12, 2014 –
60.0% "For some reason (*laughs*), I'm really wanting to see the next Cirque Du Soleil show near me xD"
December 13, 2014 –
100.0% "This was a good ride! :)\n Review to come."
December 13, 2014 – Shelved as: cotton-candy-romance
December 13, 2014 – Shelved as: perfect-book-boyfriend
December 13, 2014 – Shelved as: the-alpha-syndrome
December 13, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

message 1: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Great review! One of my daughters name is Thora and I never see it used in books ever so I will have to read this one.lol:D And it sounds good too;)

Catarina Cindy wrote: "Great review! One of my daughters name is Thora and I never see it used in books ever so I will have to read this one.lol:D And it sounds good too;)"

Thank you, Cindy!! :)
Your daughter has a lovely name ;)

Lady Heather Wonderful review, Catarina!

message 4: by Loz (new) - added it

Loz nice review, catarina! looking forward to starting this one :)

message 5: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Fabulous review, hun! :D

Beverly Terrific review, Cat! xx

message 7: by Pam (new)

Pam Wonderful review, Cat :)

Catarina Pam wrote: "Wonderful review, Cat :)"

Beverly wrote: "Terrific review, Cat! xx"

Christy wrote: "Fabulous review, hun! :D"

Loz wrote: "nice review, catarina! looking forward to starting this one :)"

Lady Heather wrote: "Wonderful review, Catarina!"

Patrycja Lovely review!

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) Fantastic review Cat, I just started this one ;)

Brandi Great review, Catarina :))

Catarina Brandi wrote: "Great review, Catarina :))"

Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) wrote: "Fantastic review Cat, I just started this one ;)"

Patrycja wrote: "Lovely review!"

Thank you!! :)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Great review Cat:D

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Great review, Catarina xx

Rachel Reads Ravenously Fantastic review Catarina!