Kat's Reviews > A Case of Possession

A Case of Possession by K.J. Charles

bookshelves: kj-charles, victorian, m-m, historical-romance, fantasy, crime-thriller-horror

Apologies for spamming your feeds with magpies, my friends...0_o

An entertaining blend of adventure, suspense, horror, romance and hotness. My only niggle being that this story felt rushed. The various components of the story all fought for attention, and I don't think the author took as much time as I considered necessary to flesh out all the bits satisfyingly.

A Case of Possession was therefore a pulpy fun packed joy-ride, the unfulfilled potential mainly regrettable when it came to discovering what made the main characters tick and their relational development. I think the hurried (view spoiler) declarations, Lord Crane's as well as Stephen's (view spoiler) and the unraveling of the plot's climax had deserved more TLC.

On to book 3!:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Case of Possession.

October 28, 2014 – Shelved
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: kj-charles
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: victorian
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: m-m
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: historical-romance
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: fantasy
October 30, 2014 –
30.0% "FML: just when Stephen casually found himself on a DESK once again, I arrived at work..."
Started Reading
October 31, 2014 – Shelved as: crime-thriller-horror
October 31, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Feliz spam away. I'm about to reciprocate anyway

message 2: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat I'm glad to hear it. There cannot be too many magpies in my feed!

Ingie The third book was even better. Lucky who still have to read it. :)

message 4: by Kat (last edited Oct 31, 2014 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat Are you starting book 3 somewhere in November, Ingela? I'm not looking forward to missing the adventures of these two, but I won't be able to save the third book much longer either.

ETA: oh, wait, i read your comment wrong! You read it already? 0_o

message 5: by Ingie (last edited Nov 01, 2014 04:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ingie Loederkoningin wrote: "Are you starting book 3 somewhere in November, Ingela? I'm not looking forward to missing the adventures of these two, but I won't be able to save the third book much longer either.

ETA: oh, wait,..."

Yes, I finished it the other day. We started the same day it was published. - So very good! The best of them...or is that a feeling you always have about the last one? :))))
(I'll write a review as soon as the last one in our BR trio finished.)

I read your added review now, and I don't remember it all but I know it was a lot of stuff going on in this one. - Glad you enjoyed nevertheless.

It was Vio who talked me in to start this series. She loved these gentlemen. ~ Have you heard anything from her?