Sue's Reviews > Dying for Chocolate

Jun 28, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: mystery, usa
Read from July 28 to August 05, 1995

Goldy Bear, caterer, takes a job as live-in cook for a couple while a security system is installed in her own home necessitated by a harassing ex-husband. After catering a fundraising brunch at the nearby private school where her son is enrolled for the summer, she follows Philip Miller back into town. They'd been seeing each other for about a month. Goldy is concerned about the eratic way Philip is driving but can't get him to stop until it's too late. Although the police think it's an accident, Goldy thinks otherwise. In between catering other events, reacting to a food critic that seemingly has it in for her, and supporting her son, she begins investigating. When she figures out what is really going on, it could be too late.
Re-read in 2012 because I'm trying to go back and fill in the blanks. The one thing that really interests me is how all the little seemingly insignficant mention of things going along all tie in at the end. How does a writer come up with these things and determine how to introduce them? I know this is one in a series. Not sure if I'll go on and read others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dying for Chocolate.

Linda The first few of the series are the best. I've stopped reading the later ones. LBH