C.G. Drews's Reviews > Atlantia

Atlantia by Ally Condie

bookshelves: dystopian, read-2014, young-adult, paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atlantia.

October 27, 2014 – Shelved
October 27, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
November 2, 2014 – Started Reading
November 2, 2014 –
page 80
21.74% "So it's not actually about mermaids. Dangit. It's kind of dystopian...but the law enforcers are called "peacekeepers"...um, SERIOUSLY?!! YOU CAN'T COPY THE HUNGER GAMES LIKE THAT."
November 4, 2014 –
page 203
55.16% "WELL. It is so much like Matched. In fact, the main characters could be interchangeable. \n Except Atlantia's MC is named Rio. \n I'm now seeing blue birds from the kids movie Rio in my head. TICO TACO YA YA YA."
November 4, 2014 – Shelved as: dystopian
November 4, 2014 – Shelved as: read-2014
November 4, 2014 – Shelved as: young-adult
November 4, 2014 – Finished Reading
December 8, 2014 – Shelved as: paranormal

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Walsh Great review, as always! :D Hey, I know this isn't a mermaid book, but is it a retelling of The Little Mermaid all the same? For some reason it sounds like it! Going up to the surface when you reach a certain age?

message 2: by Nara (new)

Nara Whut? This isn't a mermaid book?!

message 3: by Yomi (new)

Yomi Thank for the review, Cait!

*Faceplam* I almost avoid reading cult - theme because few authors haven't read any book reference on this subject and lifestyle. Plus, can you help me what is the difference between supernatural and paranormal theme? because my impression is forbid ancient books on evils spirits or myth creatures from myth story and ignorant people with no solution and experience on them and their motivation.

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie I thought this was a mermaid book too...oopps.

The rest is kind of sad to hear. I've read matched already and have no interest in reading it again or a second version of it.

message 5: by Tomoe (new) - added it

Tomoe Hotaru it's NOT about mermaids???? I've been duped.

Jess  The plot is really captivating. The reason I continued to read on was not because of Condie's writing, but because of the unique plot.

Nicole All the names, Rio, Oceana, Maire, and Bay have a meaning based in water. It's not Ally Condie's fault you watched an animated movie about a bird with the same name. :/