Rob's Reviews > The Game

The Game by Clare James

bookshelves: gifted-books

Ahhh so Stevie and Gabe have been together for a while and the insecurities have set in. Both are thinking the same thing, neither are saying it, and both are going along with an idea that they think the other will want yet neither of them actually do! Confused?? Nah it's actually very straightforward when you're reading the book lol.

This was a pretty short book but it still oozed sexiness and hotness. It had it's comedic moments. Their new pet kind of replaces Freebird and I hope for their sake he is what he is supposed to be because I have one who is 6 foot long and can run through brick walls!! For those of you wondering what the hell kind of pet it is....well you will have to buy the book ;-)

I think it was really sweet Gabe wanting to do what he was doing for Stevie, but he will learn quickly that keeping secrets lead to misunderstandings!!

Clare James really can do it all. Not only has she written two great characters, but she has kept them interesting and fresh. The story, while not complicated, was a great insight into their lives as a couple.

The dual POV worked because it was good to see what they both were thinking about the same situation. It's quite funny cos if they had actually talked, then the book would have been even shorter!

Great story well executed Ms James.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Game.

Started Reading
October 25, 2014 – Finished Reading
October 27, 2014 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Great review Robert!
I'm afraid to ask what this 6 foot long pet is.
Very afraid!! LOL

message 2: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob Ha ha ha I couldn't possibly say! ;-)