Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Impervious

Impervious by Heather Letto

19253213

bookshelves: review-requests, post-apocalyptic, read-in-2014, science-fiction, young-adult, mystery, fiction, dystopia
Recommended for: Dystopian readers

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating- 4.5

Plot | Story
I really liked the unique dystopian concept and the pace of the story. It has a great number of twists and turns and keeps one guessing all the time. The way the story flows is really good! The plot is extremely well built and keeps you involved all the time. At times it was really hard for me to put it down even for a few hours. I had a hell of a time reading this superb book.

Characters
I was really impressed by the very well-developed character of the main protagonist, Fran. It was super easy to relate to her and to be able to feel all her emotions. The other character that I liked was that of Pete. Both the characters stood out and left a mark on my memory.

Romance
There was just a bit of romance between Fran and Pete, though it never took a solid direction, which for me worked out well as it's a dystopian story and I hate having to read about romance in dystopian books (except for Hunger Games!)

Writing
Writing style of Heather Letto was remarkably simple, yet effective. I liked it a lot and I'm looking forward to read more books by her.

Beginning
The beginning was a bit slow though from the start I got the feeling that this book won't disappoint me. Which later proved to be right! Given that it's a dystopian story, the beginning being slow proved quite effective.

Ending
The ending was awesome! It really did blow my mind! It was unexpected and in a way totally changed the direction of my thinking. I'm eagerly waiting for the next part.

Cover Art
The cover art is really good, though it fails to give a clear idea about what the book is actually about. I guess a bit of a dystopian background would have really added to it's appeal. Also the model on the cover is far from any character in the book so far, so I feel a bit detached with the book's concept when I look at it.

Blurb
Blurb is just perfect. It gives a very clear idea about what to expect from the book.

Read all my reviews (including this one) at The Reading Bud

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impervious.

October 27, 2014 – Shelved as: review-requests