Michele's Reviews > The Headmaster's Wife

The Headmaster's Wife by Thomas Christopher Greene

Oct 26, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, kindle, my-personal-library, literary-fiction

Hmph. Started off like gangbusters; well, sort of. I have a thing for boarding school/prep school books (no idea why, but there's no denying it), so I fell comfortably into the story. While I found the Lolita trope slightly eyeroll inducing, I was willing to go along with it. But Part Deux lost me entirely and by the end of the book, I knew it wasn't ever going to redeem itself. Of course, I can't tell you *why* without the whole spoiler thing. Gah. Suffice it to say that the author is trying to be clever here and it just didn't work for me. Your mileage may vary. It's not a horrible book by any means, it just falls into my "forgettable" pile. Bought it, read it, won't remember it at all this time next year, wish I'd saved my money and checked it out from the library.

So...there's my recommendation. If you think you want to give it a go, do the library thing first. If you find you absolutely love it, buy it and add it to your collection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Headmaster's Wife.

Started Reading