Evy's Reviews > Swindle

Swindle by Gordon Korman

F 50x66
Jun 27, 2010

Read in June, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I love Swindle. I read it when I was younger but most of it went over the top of my head, if you know what I mean. The plot, back then, was not so wild as it is now; the characters weren't really taken to heart; the idea wasn't thought about much. But now that I reread it, I see that the plot is extreme and interesting; the characters are unforgettable; and the idea churned in my mind for days after I finished reading it.

I think it was super clever of Gordan Korman to put in S. Wendell, swindle. At first I took it as a pun but realized I probably wouldn't have thought about that. I also think the ending was smart. Now, this next part is a spoiler. I wouldn't, in a million years, ever think about the publicity selling Mr. Bing's invention. It was a great ending and, if you really think hard about it, a tad bit ironic. But that's a swindle for you.

I used to put summaries in my reviews, and I probably would have for this story, or any other story. Except I bet that you could just pick up that book, right off the bat, and get a better summary than mine. :) But really, for this story, it's kind of self-explanitory.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swindle.