Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾'s Reviews > Sweet Addiction

Sweet Addiction by J.  Daniels

liked it
bookshelves: steamy-romance

3 Slutty Wedding Sex Stars

No, we're not a couple. We're monogamously casual.

If you were to tell me this time last year that I would be perving over a CPA, I would have pulled a Dylan and slapped yo' face and called you crazy. I mean, a CPA? Hot? Sexy? If we're talking about dirty talking CPA Reese, the answer to that is an unequivocal FUCK YES.

Ha! See what I did there? If you've read the book, you'll know ;)

This was my first book by Jessica Daniels, and I can definitely tell you it will not be my last. I really enjoyed Sweet Addiction. It was sexy and funny and had many of the elements that make for a 5 star read for me.

Unfortunately, I also happen to be a reader that if the heroine bothers me, it will bring down the enjoyment of the book for me. And slap happy Dylan? Well, was a little too slap happy for my particular tastes.

I wanted to love her as much as I loved Reese, but then she would go an do something that would have me feeling like I wanted to reach through my kindle and throttle her. It wasn't that frequent, but it was definitely enough where I found myself zeroing in on the times that she did.

The biggest highlight aside from the scorching romance were the fabulous secondary characters. I couldn't get enough of Joey. The only way it could have been any better is if the author gave us a secondary story of Joey and Billy. I think I would've been in pervy heaven. True story.

My other major quibble was the drama at the 85% mark of the book. One of my biggest pet peeves as a reader happens to be drama that could have easily been avoided with just ONE conversation. The entire book Dylan and Reese are miscommunication central.

And I didn't even mind that. But the big drama all the way at the end was a touch too much, at least for me. It did have a fabulous HEA and a swoony epilogue, so that did help a little.

Jessica Daniels is definitely an author to watch out for in the future for me. I'll happily read any of her future releases. While Sweet Addiction may not have been my perfect 5 star read, it was still an enjoyable and solid 3 star. If you're looking for a quirky and steamy romance, definitely give it a go.

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review

For more reviews visit

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Addiction.

October 26, 2014 – Started Reading
October 26, 2014 – Shelved
October 26, 2014 –
0.0% "I'm thinking it's way past time that I meet Reese.\n \n Especially considering that this is based in my hometown. Can't go wrong with that"
October 27, 2014 –
100.0% "Cute and steamy, though with a slightly overly slap happy heroine LOL!\n Review to come :)"
October 28, 2014 – Shelved as: steamy-romance
October 28, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ wrote: "Great review, Lana."

Thanks, Alex

.Karéz. Wonderful review, Dear Lana! :-)

message 4: by Eliza (new) - added it

Eliza Fantastic review, Lana! Love your casting graphic!xo

Beverly Fab review, babe! xx

Christie«SHBBblogger» Awesome review, Lana! J. Daniels has a book coming out in November. It's the second book in the Alabama Summer series. (Standalone) I liked it better than the first in the series.

Jessica Florence :) fab review! I really like this author.

message 8: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Another great review, Lana :))

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Karéz wrote: "Wonderful review, Dear Lana! :-)"

Thank you, doll!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Eliza wrote: "Fantastic review, Lana! Love your casting graphic!xo"

Thank you, honey!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Beverly wrote: "Fab review, babe! xx"

Thanks, hon!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Christie«SHBBblogger» wrote: "Awesome review, Lana! J. Daniels has a book coming out in November. It's the second book in the Alabama Summer series. (Standalone) I liked it better than the first in the series."

Thanks, honey! I saw that. That blurb has me absolutely sold. I signed up for the blog tour, but haven't heard anything about an arc. But I'll happily wait until release to read it :) I definitely like her writing style

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Jessica wrote: ":) fab review! I really like this author."

Thanks, Jessica! It definitely won't be my last book by her :)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Jackie wrote: "Wonderful review, Lana!:)"

Thanks, Jackie!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Pam wrote: "Another great review, Lana :))"

Thank you, Pam!

message 16: by Yomi M. (new)

Yomi M. Lovely review Lana :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Nice honest review Lana! Love your casting choices :)

aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - Great review Lana! Now when you say it, Dylan was really a little too aggressive :D

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Great honest review, Lana!!!

message 20: by Mysza (new) - added it

Mysza Great review girl!

message 21: by Jasmine (last edited Oct 29, 2014 02:28AM) (new) - added it

Jasmine Fantastic review Lana!! ♥♥ Totally understand about annoying heroines, they're my ultimate dealbreaker ;)

♥Sharon♥ Love your review Lana. xo

Wendy'sThoughts Your take was right on....much to like about this and to what is next ♡♡♡

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Yomi Milanesa wrote: "Lovely review Lana :)"

Thank you, hon!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Nice honest review Lana! Love your casting choices :)"

Thank you, Feifei! <3

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ aksana - 4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - wrote: "Great review Lana! Now when you say it, Dylan was really a little too aggressive :D"

Thanks, Aksana! Yeah, she kinda was. One slapping incident I can understand, but it was a bit much...at least for me

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Mysza wrote: "Great review girl!"

Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Mafia Princess* wrote: "Great honest review, Lana!!!"

Thank you, girls! <3

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Jasmine wrote: "Fantastic review Lana!! ♥♥ Totally understand about annoying heroines, they're my ultimate dealbreaker ;)"

Thanks, Jasmine! She wasn't really annoying, more so just a little too slap happy. She kept slapping the hero which really irked me. There was at least 3 different times. Wouldn't bother most, but it did get to me :-/

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Love your review Lana. xo"

Thank you, Sharon! <3

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "Your take was right on....much to like about this and to what is next ♡♡♡"

Thank you, Wendy! Exactly! I can't wait to see what she has in store with her future releases <3

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Lisa wrote: "Another great review, hun!"

Thanks, Lisa!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ A super review Lana! = DD

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "A super review Lana! = DD"

Thank you, Sue! <3

message 34: by S.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S.M. West Great review, doll! xx

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Suzanne wrote: "Great review, doll! xx"

Thank you, hon! <3

Christy Fabulous review, babe! xo

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Wonderful review, Lana :D

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Christy wrote: "Fabulous review, babe! xo"

Thank you, sweets! <3

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Jennifer wrote: "Wonderful review, Lana :D"

Thank you, hon!