Michele's Reviews > Snow, Glass, Apples

Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman

Oct 26, 2014

bookshelves: fiction, short-stories

Oh goodness. Okay, I should admit that I'm not a huge, huge, love-everything-he's-ever-written Gaiman fan. I've *liked* a lot of his work (Ocean at the End of the Lane, Coraline, etc) but have yet to really fall head over heels for him. Maybe someday...still working on it. This creepy, 5000-word, re-telling of Snow White? Oh yes, definitely creepy in a very sexualized way. Which I'm good with. I mean, if you're going to creep us out with a fairy tale re-telling, let's go all the way and really make us uncomfortable...so I love that that in a introspective way. 4 stars instead of 5? Well, I reserve 5 stars for the oh-my-God-I'll-never-forget-this kind of books/stories. And while I thought this was good, it didn't quite make that category.

So...Halloween...read this. It'll make you feel all creepy inside. Super squicky (is that a word?), but hey, plausible, in that vampir-ish kind of way. Poor evil stepmom. She always takes the heat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow, Glass, Apples.

Started Reading