Holly's Reviews > Last Night's Scandal

Last Night's Scandal by Loretta Chase

it was ok
bookshelves: 144-books-in-2010, june-2010, read-in-2010

Although I love a good hero as much - sometimes more - than the next girl, it's really the heroines who make or break stories for me. The most delicious hero in the world doesn't mean crap if he's with a TSTL heroine. Not only do I hate the heroine, but I start to question the hero..what's wrong with him that he's with this awful girl? What does he see in her?

As always Chase's writing is fabulous. She really excels at dialogue and creating beautiful imagery with her words. I kept reading right up until the end, hoping Olivia would be redeemed, or show some type of growth. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Even Chase's beautiful writing isn't enough for me to recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Night's Scandal.

June 22, 2010 – Started Reading
June 25, 2010 – Finished Reading
June 27, 2010 – Shelved as: 144-books-in-2010
June 27, 2010 – Shelved
June 27, 2010 – Shelved as: june-2010
June 27, 2010 – Shelved as: read-in-2010

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Lori (new) - added it

Lori Oh... sad now.

seton it seemed from excerpts that she was gonna keep P & O's character exactly the same as when they were children so am not surprised. Still gonna read it tho :-)

Holly Seton - I expected at least some growth and maturity, especially from Olivia. I didn't mind a bit that she was a hoyden who constantly got up to mischief. But that she refused to acknowledge any wrong-doing on her part and constantly manipulated people - then blamed them - was just too much for me.

I am anxious to hear what other people think of this, however.

Katie(babs) I had so much fun reading this book, including the way Lisle was so annoyed because of Olivia's "satanic breasts". I can see where you are coming from about the lack of maturity and growth with her, A few times I wanted to slap her upside the head. But in a way I think it fits because Olivia is spoiled and expects everyone to bow down to her, except Lisle. Poor Lisle didn't have a chance once he and Olivia go on another adventure together.