Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > The Immortal Who Loved Me

The Immortal Who Loved Me by Lynsay Sands

bookshelves: 4-stars, fav-vampire-books, favorites

After 20 some books the series has had it’s up’s and down’s for me. I have my favorites and the not so great ones, but this time around I wasn’t disappointed and had a marvelous time returning to the Argeneau series.

I’d say this book can be read as a stand-a-lone or be a starter into the series.

~~~~

The Immortal Who Loved Me delivers a new storyline with a little mystery, humor, and a sweet romance.

I loved the start. Sherry won me over on the very fist page. I liked her and liked that she had a good head on her shoulders. Stephanie, a little girl we have seen pop in and out of the books, was a nice addition. The poor girl has it ruff. I liked her interaction with Sherry and loved her comparing lifemates to pizza when explaining things to Sherry. Made me laugh.

The humor was remarkable in this one. I loved the miss pronounce of Basil (pronounced Baw-zil). Took me by surprise and had me smiling. Then their was Bricker he was kinda of an ass in this one, but boy did he have me laughing when he spit out all the different names for a mans penis. Yes, their are several names to call a mans penis and that whole scene was hilarious. Really, you need to read it.

Basil was adorable. He totally screwed up explaining things and had Sherry thinking someone slipped her something, until they shared their first kiss and then, well she starts to rethink things. I loved Basil and Sherry. They had several great moments. It was just so much fun reading about these two.

It was fantastic for me as a fan of the series to see old favorites pop in. I just love seeing old characters in any storyline show up.

We finally and I mean finally get closer on Livius, one of the bad guys who has been reeking havoc throughout several books. I’m glad that’s done, but we still have one more bad guy and all of Livius sons to find, but part of this plot comes to a closer and I’m glad.

I did have some issues with the book.
- I didn't like how abruptly the ending was. We learn that Sherry’s paternal grandfather will show up and then the book ends.
- I also wasn’t to found of how this book handles consent when we learn some very disturbing things about Sherry’s mother’s past and who her really father is. This was explained by Elvi, but how it was explained ya it makes some sense, but still it’s rape in a form.
- I also felt that Basil and Sherry needed to talk more about the kids. Basil has had a kid every 100-years with a friend. This was just said and then they move on. I can understand where he's coming from, living so long, but still it's a hard issue to tackle and I felt the author didn't tackle it. I wouldn't be able to move on from this very easily.

Even with the few issues I had, I still ended up really liking this book. The Immortal Who Loved Me brought me back to what I love about this series. A fun loving story filled with characters to fall in love with and humor to keep you laughing.

Rated: 4 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortal Who Loved Me.

October 25, 2014 – Shelved