Rosabelle Purnama's Reviews > Mrs. Miracle

3421953
Jun 27, 2010

bookshelves: books-i-own, drama, romance
Read from December 07 to 12, 2010 — I own a copy

I recently picked up this book because I wan to read something that has "Christmas" in the theme, and I happen to own this book, so I decided to read this book.

I read on the front cover that this book was made into a TV movie at Hallmark Channel. That's great, I thought. I've always liked those movies shown the Hallmarket Channel. It's usually full of inspirational and heartfelt stories.

And Mrs Miracle is indeed one such story. It's heartfelt, full of emotions, and with a light-touch romance on the side. I love the story, especially reading it near Christmas time like this. I became teary eyed at some of the parts in this book.

The story is about Seth Webster, who is a widow. His wife is killed in an accident 4 years ago. He has just recently had his twins back in to live with him, from a few years living with their grand parents. The twins are a bit hard to handle and Seth having to go through many house keepers, with none to keep, as each one of the will quit and wasn't able to handle his twins, Judd and Jason.

Then came Mrs. Emily Merkle, whom the twins called Mrs. Miracle. Little do they know, Emily is indeed Mrs. Miracle. Since her entrance into Seth's doorstep one day, his life has never been better, his twins start to behave, they like Mrs Merkle as a housekeeper, she cooks good food, and Seth finally meet someone after 4 years. Her name is Reba Maxwell.

Do you really believe in Miracles? Sometimes yes, sometimes not. However, this book teaches me that all problems do have a solution, and there really is a miracle, just when you're not expecting it.

What I also love about this book is the little quotes from Mrs. Miracle that was put on each beginning of the chapter.

I really liked reading this book. I cried, I laughed and I reflect on the story in this book. And it's also Christmas-y.. Loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Miracle.

12/07/2010 page 27
12/11/2010 page 170
51.0% "This makes me want to watch the made for TV movie.. seems wonderful.."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kristi It is, but I have to say the book was better. But the movie is still good! The mom from "Everybody Loves Raymond" plays Mrs. Miracle.

Rosabelle Purnama Really? ooohhh I wanna watch the movie... i haven't seen it yet.. haha i didn't imagine she would be Mrs Miracle. I would imagine her to be Harriet LoL

Kristi Ha ha. The crazy mom in the story? That probably would've worked too. But she does a good job as Mrs. Miracle.

Rosabelle Purnama No, the crazy aunt haha which one is the crazy mom? Reba's mom or Seth's mother in law? :) oohhh you make me want to see this movie even more haha

Kristi Never mind. I think I'm thinking of another story! Sorry!