Linda's Reviews > The Murder of Adam and Eve

The Murder of Adam and Eve by William  Dietrich

I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Man... I almost didn't finish this book, it was that boring. The idea behind it was great. Going back in time to save Adam and Eve. The writing was not half bad either. Quick, concise and not too much explaining.

However, the book failed to stand up to it's potential. Pointless padding, and endless walking and finding food dragged the book for the first 150 pages out of 200 pages. We don't get any action until the last few pages and these two main characters are complete boring shits when it comes to following their lives.

What the book also fails to acknowledge is that Africa is HUGE and finding a single tribe of humans with no help is possibly close to impossible.

How did they just happen to head in the right direction without any help? If anything, this is a MAJOR plot hole in the story. Granted, we find out afterwards that (view spoiler), but that's not enough to explain everything and it's really thrown at the reader hard. We're given not much foreshadowing of this AT ALL and then we get not much explanation.

I was left thinking WTF.

Really, asides from it's readability, this book was pretty headbangingly bad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murder of Adam and Eve.

October 25, 2014 – Shelved