Pete's Reviews > Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Barefoot: His Wonderful Love and His Terrible Hatred

Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Bare... by Carl-Johan Vallgren

M 50x66
Dec 22, 2007

it was ok
bookshelves: 2008
Recommended for: no one

Wow, I really wanted to like this book, it seemed that it would be intersting, and it almost was. It had the elements of a short story and it dragged because it was made into a novel. The characters were hollow accept for the "Hero" Barefoot, but even then... The story telling was disjointed and confusing, I often had to double back in a chapter to see if I skipped a major event that was being discussed or I needed explanaiton that was skipped over. The non-sequesntial stroy telling can be done well, this was not. I don't know why I have even ranked this book with two stars, except to say that there is some exceptionally beautiful sections in this book, the words and the way they are written is stunning. The book starts very well, the first two chapters I was eager to see where this was going, but when I got there I realized that I just didn't care.

Maybe I am just an idiot, but this was a good idea woefully short on a good execution.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Horrific Sufferings of the Mind-Reading Monster Hercules Barefoot.

December 22, 2007 – Shelved