JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust's Reviews > The 120 Days of Sodom

The 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade

***3" FUCKED UP x's INFINITY " STARS***

Marquis De Sade described his novel as "the most impure tale that has ever been told since our world began". .

I know I've said this numerous times but I've never meant it more than I do right now. THIS. STORY . IS. NOT. FOR. EVERYONE. It's obnoxiously repetitive, gruesome beyond belief, and just plain disgusting. With that said, the authors imagination is disturbingly fascinating and surprisingly comical... **don't judge me!** De Sage managed to make me gag, chuckle and cringe, all within a single paragraph. At times I felt my sanity was in serious jeopardy. Hell, I m still questioning if it remains intake.

The 120 Days of Sodom is a hefty story, therefore the easiest way for me summarize this fuckery is by comparing it to a buffet style restaurant. God, this is totally cheesy but its all I can come up with at the moment.

I'm just going to call said establishment "The fetish Cafe " which is really a secluded medieval castle and where all the fuckery takes place. . "The Fetish Cafe" is owned by 4 Libertine bastardsmen (2 of which are siblings):
* The Duc- The Bishops brother. Currently married to the Ducts daughter Constance. Loves to fuck. Period.
*The President de Curval -Married to Julie who is also the Ducs daughter. Prefers male anus over a female pucker but he'll get it in, where he can fit it in.
*The Durcet- Married to the Presidents daughter Adelaide, whom he cannot stand. Desperately in need of a little blue pill. Hates vagina.
*The Bishop- Perhaps the most timid of the bunch. Is the supposed uncle of Aline, but is really her father ( he bedded one of the Ducs previous wives) Detest vagina.
There are 4 world renowned chefs - 4 middle aged- prostitutes:
*Madame Duclos
*Madame Champville
*Madame Martaine
*Madame Desranges
Their sole purpose is narrate past experiences of their most unscrupulous customers, in which the 4 main characters then proceed to feast/perform similar acts on their victims. They "inspire"the Libertines.

The wait staff consist of 8 studs whom are experts in dishing out large helping of meat. ... these 8 cockmongers were chosen solely on the size of their penis.

The rest of the staff consist 8 boys and 8 girls between the ages of 12-15. They receive the brunt of the sexual, verbal and physical abuse.

Your choice of beverage:
*Snot smoothie
*Sauvignon de Phlegm
*Urine on the rocks
*Warm flatulence tea
*Coffee

Limited Appetizers:
Turd fritter or soft stool chowder

The buffet contains the following items:
*Brutality
*Beastility
*Necrophilia
*Sadism

Dessert
The libertines do not feel their patrons are entitled to such indulgence....

. . . . Now excuse me while I find something filled with unicorns, rainbow and fairy dust.. Haa! yeah right :-)

*** Special thanks to Lucy and Carla for taking this crazy journey with me***

For more reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 120 Days of Sodom.

October 25, 2014 – Started Reading
October 25, 2014 – Shelved
October 25, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 25, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
March 6, 2015 –
0.0% "We libertines wed women to hold slaves: as wives they are rendered more submissive than mistresse, and you know the value we set upon despotism in the joys we pursue." \n "
March 6, 2015 –
0.0% "Reviewers weren't kidding when they said this book tackles numerous taboo subjects."
March 6, 2015 –
1.0% " No woman was admitted to these masculine orgies, in the course of which everything of the lewdest invented in Sodom and Gomorrah was executed. . . . Holy horse cock! This book is nuts."
March 6, 2015 –
1.0% "To be truly happy in this world a man ought not merely fling himself into every vice (aka vagina & anus) but should never permit himself one virtue, & that it was not simply a matter of always doing evil, but also & above all of never doing good..""
March 6, 2015 –
3.0% "By the age of twenty-three, Duc & three of his companions, whom he had indoctrinated with his philosophy, made up a party whose aim was to go out,stop a public coach on the highway, & to rape the men among the travelers along with the women.\n "
March 6, 2015 –
3.0% "In his youth, the Duc had been known to discharge as often as eighteen times a day, & that without appearing one jot more fatigued after the final than after the initial ejaculation.\n "
March 6, 2015 –
3.0% " Among this sodomizing pig's little idiosyncrasies that of always leaving this particular part of himself in such a state of uncleanliness that one was at all times able to observe there a rim or pad a good two inches thick. \n "
March 8, 2015 –
4.0% " Durcet certainly idolized the ass with as much fervor as the Bishop, but his enjoyment of it was more accessory; his favorite attacks were directed toward a third sanctuary - this mystery will be unveiled in the sequel." . . . If the first is a vagina and the second is an anus, what the hell could the third be?"
March 8, 2015 –
6.0% "Curval was mad about Julie; his most divine pleasures were gathered upon that stinking mouth, to kiss it plunged him into delirium, & as for her natural uncleanliness, far from rebuking her for it, to the contrary he encouraged her in it, & had finally got her accustomed to a perfect divorce from water. ". . . WTF? \n "
March 8, 2015 –
8.0% " Hercules was twenty-six years of age & endowed w/ a member eight and one-quarter inches around by thirteen long. Nothing more majestic has ever been seen; this tool was almost always upright, & w/ only eight discharges, it could fill a pint measure to the brim.\n "
March 8, 2015 –
12.0% "Should any subject in some way refuse anything demanded of him, even when incapacitated or when that thing is impossible, he shall be punished with utmost severity; 'tis for him to provide, for him to discover ways and means. \n "
March 8, 2015 –
12.0% "Now, friend-reader, you must prepare your heart and your mind for the most impure tale that has ever been told since our world began, a book the likes of which are met with neither amongst the ancients nor amongst us moderns.\n \n . . .Okay, I think I'm ready now. . . . . . Orrrrrrrrrr not. The introduction alone was royally FUCKED UP."
March 8, 2015 –
0.0% "Martaine is fifty-two; inner obstructions have prevented her from ever knowing any but Sodom's delights, for which indeed she seems to have been specially created, for her age notwithstanding, she has the world's noblest ass; it is both broad,big & so habituated to introductions that she can accommodate the weightiest engines without the flutter of an eyelash.".\n "
March 8, 2015 –
0.0% " Hercule: Twenty -six, very pretty, but also a very mean character, the Duc's favorite; his prick measures eight and one-quarter inches around and thirteen in length. Plentiful discharge.\n "
March 8, 2015 –
0.0% "The four harem boys bared their behinds in accordance with orders, & the sight provided an instant's amusement. Curval kissed them all on the mouth,the Bishop spent a moment frigging their pricks while the Duc & Durcet were doing something else. The inspections were completed, no misconduct was discovered. \n \n I'm Mitt Romey, and I approve this message."
March 8, 2015 –
0.0% " I've shown my prick to all the little girls your age. Lend a hand, help it along, help get it out, do as your sister does, she's got it out of me twenty times or more. I show them my prick, & then what do you suppose I do? I squirt the fuck in their face. That's my passion, my child, I have no other & you're about to behold it."\n "
March 9, 2015 –
0.0% ""Come hither, venerable bitch, I'd slake my thirst at the very source." And thrusting his head between the old crone's legs, he greedily - - . . ." \n "
March 9, 2015 –
23.0% "Desgranges caught up the child & set her so skillfully upon her knees that, whatever the stance the Duc might adopt, the end of his prick was sure to nudge her vagina. Two servants came up to hold Sophie's legs, & had it been her deflowering hour, never might she have displayed the merchandise to better advantage.\n "
March 9, 2015 –
0.0% ""Ah, God's prick and balls!" cried Curval, "I'm happier than he, for I'm coming."\n "
March 9, 2015 –
0.0% ""Did you spread his cheeks?" the Bishop inquired. "Yes," said Duclos, "he displayed mine, I displayed his." \n "I've been witness to a dozen such scenes," Durcet announced, "which have cost me a fortune in fuck; there is nothing more delicious to see or do. I refer to both: for it is just as pleasant to spy upon someone as to want to be observed."\n "
March 9, 2015 –
31.0% ""What the devil!" he cries, "so you are so bold as to fart into my mouth, are you?" claps his mouth to my asshole again. "Yes, Monsieur," I say as I release a second stifler, "that's how I deal with gentlemen who kiss my ass." "Very well then! fart, if you must, you little rascal, since you can't help it, fart, I say, fart as hard as you like & as often as you can."\n "
March 10, 2015 –
0.0% " I ought to advise you that you are about to hear of abominable, filthy goings on; but whose ears could be better made to appreciate them? your hearts love & desire them, hence I enter into the matter without further delay or ambages. O'Lord, I think I know where this is heading. . .\n "
March 10, 2015 –
0.0% "I'm just going to pretend that character was taking a mud bath . . . . . \n \n "
March 10, 2015 –
0.0% " "Now," says he, "if you've got anything to do, have the kindness to do it in my mouth." . . . WHAT THE FUCK ????\n "
March 10, 2015 –
0.0% "That was by far the most unique and disturbing way to loose ones virginity in the history of literature. . . .. . And dare I say brilliant ?\n "
March 11, 2015 –
0.0% "The following day he sent us one of his friends whose buttocks & thighs, member & balls had to be pricked with a golden needle. Not until he was covered with blood did he discharge. I handled that commission myself, & as he constantly shouted to me to thrust deeper, I had almost to bury the needle in his glans before seeing his fuck squirt into my palm. \n "
March 12, 2015 –
71.0% " " My dear child, all that's mere verbiage, prattle. Nothing's villainous if it causes an erection, & the single crime that exists in this world is to refuse oneself anything that might produce a discharge."\n "
March 12, 2015 –
80.0% " (Passion Number 69 omitted by Sade.)\n \n "
March 12, 2015 –
100.0% "Stick a fork in me. \n \n . . . . I'M DONE."
March 16, 2015 – Shelved as: my-eyeballs-wanted-2-commit-suicide
March 16, 2015 – Shelved as: taboo-boo-boo
March 16, 2015 – Shelved as: this-aint-disney-world-bitch
March 16, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Omg I'm dying. This was written by Sade? I find I am not surprised.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Omg I'm dying. This was written by Sade? I find I am not surprised."

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Omg I'm dying. This was written by Sade? I find I am not surprised."
. . . . Have you read any of his work? this man is blowing my mind and turning my damn stomach."

I've skimmed one or two of his works but never read from cover to cover. Never been all that interested in actually reading it. Mostly because classics don't do it for me at all. And also because I'm wimpy. Lol

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust One Curvy Blogger wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Omg I'm dying. This was written by Sade? I find I am not surprised."
. . . . Have you read any of his work? this..."

The classics do really do it for me either... especially when it feels like my english version needs to be translated but this has been on my bucket list for a while. I'm not sure if I can actually finish it. Its messing with my stomach.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: " One Curvy Blogger wrote: "Omg I'm dying. This was written by Sade? I find I am not surprised."
. . . . Have you..."

Stop if you have to! Queasy stomach is as good as any reason. I doubt I'd be able to finish it myself!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel like I just read the book.
gag photo: Gag egx21ejpg.gif

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams wrote: "I feel like I just read the book.
"

. . . . I'm only posting the tame stuff Carebear.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie So if YOU think it's bad..then it must be pretty gross. I'm gonna try it.

Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ 1st off....love this review pus!
2nd..Mega...Mega..props for finishing this one!!!!!!

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Stephanie wrote: "So if YOU think it's bad..then it must be pretty gross. I'm gonna try it."

. . . Good Luck. This is the most disturbing book I've ever read.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ wrote: "1st off....love this review pus!
2nd..Mega...Mega..props for finishing this one!!!!!!"

Thanks for helping me maintain my sanity Pus. I owe you one.

Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ wrote: "1st off....love this review pus!
2nd..Mega...Mega..props for finishing this one!!!!!!"

Anytime :-)

message 13: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Great review hun! I gotta say I really admire you for reading it! From the quotes alone I was kinda sick in my stomach..

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Aisling Zena wrote: "Great review hun! I gotta say I really admire you for reading it! From the quotes alone I was kinda sick in my stomach.."

Thanks :-) ... I finished this purely for bragging rights... Stupidest reason EVER.

message 15: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Jahy - This review is BRILLIANT! Seriously best review out there for this book!

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Lucy wrote: "Jahy - This review is BRILLIANT! Seriously best review out there for this book!

I just finished it and I feel completely filthy and battered. But I did it, I finished the damn book!"

..I'm so proud of you for finishing. That last class was friggin brutal.

message 17: by Andbme (new) - added it

Andbme Holy crap, You are my hero PUS! I couldn't stomach it...friggin' fantastic review - LMAO over the menu...BLEH!!!

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Andrea **the ChaPPy CHiCKeN** wrote: "Holy crap, You are my hero PUS! I couldn't stomach it...friggin' fantastic review - LMAO over the menu...BLEH!!!"

(view spoiler)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) LMAO!! Oh my...cue the applause for getting through this! Amazeballs 'menu' review chica ;) <3

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "LMAO!! Oh my...cue the applause for getting through this! Amazeballs 'menu' review chica ;) <3"

LMAO @ cue the applause. The restaurant idea is stupid, but its the only way I could explain the book without confusing everyone .... Including myself :-)

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey JaHy, I love your reviews! They always get right to the point and you hold nothing back. This review was brilliant! Now I want to read it for bragging rights also!

message 22: by JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust (last edited Mar 16, 2015 09:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Jennifer wrote: "JaHy, I love your reviews! They always get right to the point and you hold nothing back. This review was brilliant! Now I want to read it for bragging rights also!"

Thank you so much Jennifer . Trying be honest and respectful can be tricky at times ....especially since I'm such a clown. I'd like to gift you a copy of the ebook. Can I have your email address please ? No pressure if you changed your mind .. This one a doozy :-)

message 23: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Wow I don't know about the book, but I love your review! It sounds crazy as hell and maybe someday I will check it out just because it sounds so crazy. I loved your updates while you was reading they had me laughin so hard! :D

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Jessica wrote: "Wow I don't know about the book, but I love your review! It sounds crazy as hell and maybe someday I will check it out just because it sounds so crazy. I loved your updates while you was reading ..."

Hello Jessica,
It is crazy as hell. If you ever decide to give it a chance please let me know. I'll gladly gift you an e-copy

message 26: by Ella (new)

Ella P Don't think I have the stomach for this book. But very comical review!

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Y. Isabel wrote: "Don't think I have the stomach for this book. But very comical review!"

. . .All I can say is thank goodness for Pepto- Bismol :-)

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pelfrey JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "JaHy, I love your reviews! They always get right to the point and you hold nothing back. This review was brilliant! Now I want to read it for bragging rights also!"

Thank you s..."

You are so kind to gift me a copy of the ebook! My email address is: juneburg@hotmail.com

I love the animations that have been added. There are very much needed after reading some of those passages! HILARIOUS! I always love to read your reviews! :)

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Thank you s..."

Also, have you read: The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty, #1)
by A.N. Roquelaure (Pseudonym), Anne Rice
Very odd sexually rituals of past times also. I had to keep reading because I couldn't believe WHAT I was reading. I have no idea where these people came up with these ideas.
There are more books in the series, but I have only read this one so far.

message 30: by Pam (new)

Pam Awesome review, JaHy :))

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Jennifer wrote:... ."
Thank you for the kind words Jennifer. I wish I was one of those people that conjures up a review in 10 minutes but I'm not. They take me foreeevvvverr to write.

I did read The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty as well as the beginning of book 2, but all the spanking was causing me sympathy pains, so I stopped reading it :-)

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Pam wrote: "Awesome review, JaHy :))"

Thanks Girie :-)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Woah... Speechless... I've never been so happy to be a vegetarian. All those items... Too meaty for me. Blech

message 34: by Amanda (last edited May 19, 2015 05:40PM) (new)

Amanda I actually watched the movie version. N it was not as brutal as being described in the book. I think they tone down a lot for the screen.

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Amanda wrote: "I actually watched the movie version. N it was not as brutal as being described in the book. I think they tone down a lot for the screen."

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: ". . . That's what I've heard. I can't find one that dubbed in English so I haven't had the chance to watch it. "

i didn't watched the english version either, but i make do with the english subtitles XD

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust Amanda wrote: "JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: ". . . That's what I've heard. I can't find one that dubbed in English so I haven't had the chance to watch it. "

i didn't watched the english..."

. . . I could as well. If only I could find a copy with english subtitles.

message 38: by Heather (new) - added it