Nay Denise's Reviews > The Darkest Touch

The Darkest Touch by Gena Showalter

Oct 24, 2014

bookshelves: adult, arcs, review-books, own-physical-copy, favorites

I received an ARC copy of this book from the author in exchange of an honest review.

OMG! This was so freaking fabulous and probably my #1 fav of the series with The Darkest Night coming in as #2. Gena Showalter did an excellent job with Torin's story, especially with the romance. The action was on point, the lies were incredible and the end result -- perfection.

Torin is the keeper of Disease and he has never had skin-to-skin contact without ever killing someone. He has always had to separate himself from others, keep his hands covered in black leather gloves and be alone. He's never been with a woman in an intimate way and when he finally did she died. Torin feels so much guilt for all the things he's done, both accidentally and purposefully, and he never forgets his demon. Not until Keeley comes around.

Keeleycal aka Keeley is the Red Queen. She is the only living Curator left that she knows of. She was locked away by Cronus among others such as Galen, the keeper of Hope. While imprisoned, she makes friends with Mari. Mari dies after touching Torin. Keeley gets angry and vows to kill Torin, but in the end her hate turns into love.

I totally loved the relationship between Torin and Keeley. The love-hate relationship always turns out good in this series, but these two here has gone the extra mile. I love how Torin did everything in his power to try and stay away from Keeley but failed. The attraction was too strong between them. I enjoyed how he fought the minions and did it to impress her. The back and forth between staying together and being together irritated me at the same time I enjoyed it because it had meaning.

The fact the Keeley could touch Torin and not die from sickness was amazing! He finally found someone he could be with. What made him back off was the fact that she would get deathly ill and it scared him. Learning that the brimstone made her sicker was insane, but even more insane is the solution that Hades told Keeley about. (view spoiler) In the end the sex they had was perfect for Torin because it meant he was no longer a virgin. Too cute!

Hades pissed me off at first, but in the end he let Keeley go because he loved her which is touching to me. Anya is still as rude and hilarious as ever. Everything she did and said to Keeley was just freaking hilarious. I totally love Anya. The other Lords are still awesome, the shocker for me was the ending with Galen. That was definitely a twist for the best.

I definitely need more of this series or characters in this world because Gena Showalter has created a profound world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Touch.

October 24, 2014 – Started Reading
October 24, 2014 –
page 76
October 25, 2014 –
page 167
34.15% "LMFAO! I am totally dying from laughter. I love Torin."
October 26, 2014 –
page 252
October 27, 2014 –
page 359
October 27, 2014 –
page 413
84.46% "OMG! Torin is just too damn sexy for his own good. His demon could go jump off a bridge. Keeley is so sweet, I love her badass persona. Anya is so crazy, her rudeness is just hilarious. Hades is just pissing me off! Soooo good!!!!!!!!!"
October 27, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites