Hope Collier's Reviews > The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope

The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs

Jun 26, 2010

Read 2 times. Last read March 20, 2012 to March 22, 2012.

I just finished The Light of Asteria. I could not put it down! The best word I can find to describe the experience is: Wow... The beauty of Elizabeth's story is unlike anything I have ever read. She has an incredible knack for putting the reader *in* Nora's shoes. You see what she sees--but more powerful, you feel what Nora is feeling. Her love, devotion, and heartache become a part of who you are. I can truly say I have never experienced a story like The Light of Asteria before. The plot is original and the characters realistic. This is one of my all time favorite stories! Eagerly awaiting Book 2 of the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Light of Asteria.

Quotes Hope Liked

Elizabeth Isaacs
“Survivors learn early on that tears are a luxury for the protected.”

Elizabeth Isaacs
“The most important factor of art is the love of it; the rest will come. If you enjoy your craft, the end product is always something you treasure.”

Elizabeth Isaacs
“Nora, I believe life’s like a good book. Time makes up the pages that will be your story. Every time your life changes, you start a new chapter. To me, there’s nothing more depressing than someone getting to the end of their days and realizing they’ve only written one long, boring passage.”

Elizabeth Isaacs
“You were the light in my dark world that gave me a path different from the one set by my father. I’ll never forget that, and I’ll always love you.”
Elizabeth Isaacs, The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope

Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
June 26, 2010 – Shelved
February 26, 2011 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
March 20, 2012 – Started Reading
March 20, 2012 –
page 283
74.47% "I'm amazed every time I read this book. How is that possible? I <3 these characters SO much!"
March 22, 2012 – Finished Reading