Crystal's Reviews > Merciless Ride

Merciless Ride by Chelsea Camaron

Tessie and Rex share history. They've had a long standing relationship of sex only, but things are changing. Tessie has waited years for Rex to grow up and make her something more than a convenient piece. When he fails to help her and Shooter is sent instead it shows her that she could have something more, maybe something real. Tessie has secrets though that the brotherhood can't find out, if they do she may not be the only one to suffer.

Tessie is an amazing character. She cares for everyone in every way that she can. Whether it's caring for her sick mother, being a single mother to her son, or a shoulder to cry on she always puts everyone else first. She's a beautiful person inside and a gorgeous woman outside. Rex isn't the only person who's had his eye on her, but no other brother will step on his toes. When it's apparent that whatever they had is over though, it's time for her to move onto someone else and she won't have to wait too long.

Shooter has a hard past. It's filled with death. He watched the only girl he loved kill herself in front of him and blame him for it. He's served multiple tours in the Army with the Green Berets. The darkness haunts him and though he wants to move on, he can't. When he helps Tessie one late night, he wonders why she puts up with Rex. When he overhears her conversation though and realizes that they are over, an opportunity opens. She deserves better though. More than he can give.

As the circumstances change, so does Shooter. He has so many sides to him and I fell in love with them all. He is a truly kind man, but can be dangerous. He hasn't coped with the demons of his past though and it's holding him back. You can see how bad he wants to put the nightmares to rest, but he doesn't know how.

This book is amazing, page after page, 5 stars doesn't seem enough for it. I loved Tessie in the other books of the series and hoped Rex would change. I'm glad now that he didn't, though I wonder if he will in the future. The ending of this book was perfect and gave so much hope for their future. Tessie's struggles are enough to make you cry. If rape and physical violence bother you, you may have a hard time reading part of this book. I can tell you though that Tessie is amazingly strong and has the perfect person to help her through it.

I am anxious for the other books in the series. I want to see if there is anything there for Lux and Rex. Maybe together, or with other people, but it's a book I've been waiting for. I am so glad that Tessie got a book and a happy ending.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Merciless Ride.

Finished Reading