Jessica's Reviews > Zombie Elementary: The Real Story

Zombie Elementary by Howard Whitehouse

it was ok

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way influenced my review.

Maybe it is just because I am an adult and this book was written for a middle grade audience, but I did not enjoy this book as much as I thought that I would. Overall, I found that the plot was simplistic and sometimes filled with unrealistic twists. The conclusion to the book left me unsatisfied. Although the book is written for a younger audience, it often had implied foul words; it used symbols or replacement words instead of saying the actual foul word. I do not find this appropriate for anyone, much less a young audience. There were also derogatory jokes towards stereotypical school groups, such as cheerleaders being brainless before they were turned into zombies.

Overall, I just did not find the book satisfying. Many minor plot lines were left unfinished and the characters were not very developed. If you enjoy humorous books with cheesy humor, this may be the book for you. This is just not the genre that I typically read, so I found that the book was not for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombie Elementary.

October 24, 2014 – Started Reading