Lover of Romance's Reviews > Mercury's War

Mercury's War by Lora Leigh

bookshelves: genre-erotica, genre-paranormal, shifter-romance

When there is a suspicion at the "Sanctuary" that someone is a spy in their own camp they decide to bring in Ria Rodriquez, a talented woman at finding leaks. Ria has grown up in foster homes and never having a "home" until she turns eighteen Dane Vanderale offers her a job, for both him and his father Leo. She finds a family and home with them, feeling like she has found she has a place where she belongs, even though Dane has been quite frustrating as most breed males only can be. When she goes to the "Sanctuary" she meets up with Mercury Warrant who is her bodyguard, and a sensual desire flames up between them, blazing hot. Ria knows that she has a job to do, but at the same time she is drawn to Mercury whose mate died years ago. She is looking for more than a one night stand, she wants a loving relationship and knows her heart will only be broken in the end. Obstacles get thrown in their way that will prove how strong their love really is.

I have realized I should have started reading Lora Leigh many months ago, this having been the first book that I have read of hers, I have found out that she is one of my favorite fantasy romance authors. I had heard such great things about her books, and they were all right. Lora Leigh delivers THE BEST in my book!!!!I found this book to be so sinful it should be awful it was so wonderful to read. I truly loved Ria, she is one of those heroines that stands up to the alpha type male, and stands her ground until of course his kisses melt her senses away, (which I have to say was thoroughly enticing) I also loved the conflict of when his supposed mate comes back to life, and doesn't know which one is really his mate. My heart ached for the position that they both were put in, and how its a classic story of how true love does conquer all obstacles, no matter what they may be. It was a thrilling ride of adventure and passion!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercury's War.

June 25, 2010 – Started Reading