Caleb "PlagueWind"'s Reviews > Star Wars: Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir

Star Wars by Jeremy Barlow

liked it
bookshelves: star-wars-comics

This is the first graphic novel in the new Star Wars canon since the old EU is now considered non-canon. This story line takes place during the Clone Wars and was one of the cut stories from the last season of the TV show. It wraps up Darth Maul's storyline from that series, which was a lingering issue if you followed the show. The writing is solid, the artwork isn't bad but overall it felt way too short. Maybe I'm used to bigger graphic novels but this seemed to be a very quick read. As for the story, it picks up where we last saw Maul. Darth Sidious killed his brother and captured Maul, this is where the show storyline left off. The graphic novel starts off with him captured and it's pretty obvious that he doesn't stay that way. The story basically revolves around Darth Maul's crusade to take down Sidious and anyone else with him. He has a nice army of Mandalorians, Black Sun, and Pyke family operatives which are the cannon fodder against the droid army. I won't spoil how the story ends but I will say that it wraps up Maul's Clone Wars storyline. Does it wrap up his storyline all together, no. It was supposed to continue his Clone Wars storyline and it does that. Overall it wasn't bad but nothing spectacular.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Wars.

October 22, 2014 – Started Reading