Angela Crouch's Reviews > Breeder

Breeder by K.B. Hoyle

36031913
Oct 21, 2014

Before reading the book, I had no description to go by and I was amazed! Yes, the cover art is intriguing, but the occasional caution must be applied when going in blind. There are those typical fears of not knowing if you will like the book or if it will be something you try and read but, for some odd reason, just cannot get in to. You all know exactly what I am talking about.

Breeder was anything but a let down. The characters were extremely well written, making me able to empathize with Pria and Pax and the situation they find themselves in. I kept turning the pages because I just had to find out what happened to these people and, to my shock, finished the book in a day! Another thing I really appreciated about Hoyle's writing is her development of Pria. Pria starts the book as extremely naive and, as Breeder progresses, she starts to grow. She does not however, immediately become completely self-aware, as do characters in many other books. Hoyle is consistent! Pria's character becomes more aware of the ways of the world towards the end of the book, but there is still plenty she does not know. Here's to hoping K.B. Hoyle will finish Book Two, Criminal, quicker than George R. R. Martin finishes his because this girl is hooked!

Genre: Adult Dystopian
Positives: The book! Need I say more? If you are new to the dystopian genre, this is the perfect book to start with! The book is set in Denver and is an easy read with familiar terms with an obvious dystopian theme.
Negatives: That the second book is not out yet!
Rating: A well earned 5 out of 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breeder.

October 21, 2014 – Started Reading