Cafelilybookreviews's Reviews > Stuff Christians Like

Stuff Christians Like by Jonathan Acuff

Jun 24, 2010

it was ok

This is one of those books that readers will either love or hate – there’s very little middle ground on this one. Jonathan Acuff grew up the son of a pastor and has the inside track on “stuff” that happens in churches. His approach in Stuff Christians Like is pretty edgy and I’m guessing that the more conservative reader may not appreciate his style.

Although I didn’t find this book “side-splitting” hilarious, the author does make several good points in this book. One of myfavorites was Christians who use prayer request time to spread gossip – how sad, and how true! I also thought his point about abstinence and how to teach it was good, as was his description of how Christians use vacation bible school for free babysitting, Facebook witnessing, Post Modern relevance, side hugs, etc.

Jonathan Acuff tells the truth about a lot of taboo “hot topics” in the church/Christian circles but he did make me uncomfortable with some of the topics and opinions he shared in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stuff Christians Like.

10/21/2017 marked as: read