Caidyn (BW Reviews; he/him/his)'s Reviews > You

You by Caroline Kepnes

Read 2 times. Last read December 18, 2014 to December 21, 2014.

Edit January 12, 2016:

IT IS BEING MADE INTO A TV SHOW.

Review; December 21, 2014

4.5

This was exactly the sort of book I needed to read now that my finals are over for school and winter break has officially started. Creepy as hell, and Joe is hilarious. Quite honestly, I laughed through the book while being afraid of him. As in Emily May's review of this book, she criticizes it being called a love story -- relating back to Lolita -- and I agree with her completely. Not a love story, not at all. Yet, I still couldn't help rooting for Joe in some way. Beck's fucked up. Joe's fucked up. Fucked up people make good couples, honestly. Just like in Twilight. Edward is Joe to Beck's Bella, to be quite honest. I'm already excited for the sequel and it's not even close to when it comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You.

Quotes Caidyn (BW Reviews; he/him/his) Liked

Caroline Kepnes
“The problem with books is that they end. They seduce you. They spread their legs to you and pull you inside. And you go deep and leave your possessions and your ties to the world at the door and you like it inside and you don't want for your possessions or your ties and then, the book evaporates.”
Caroline Kepnes, You

page 227
December 21, 2014 –
page 320
December 21, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 9, 2019 – Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
February 9, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
February 9, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery-horror-t... (Paperback Edition)
February 10, 2019 –
page 174
41.23% "I forgot how amazing this book is." (Paperback Edition)
February 11, 2019 –
page 422
100.0% "I totally finished this book today in my car waiting for the office to open up. RTC!" (Paperback Edition)
February 12, 2019 – Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Interesting about it being turned into a TV show. Are they talking about a whole season devoted to the entire course of the book?

Caidyn (BW Reviews; he/him/his) I'm not sure. It's just been announced really, so I'm not sure what they're planning on doing with it.