Amy | Foxy Blogs's Reviews > Dragonfly in Amber

bookshelves: on-hold-for-now

LET THE KILT DROP #2

description

SERIES:
Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5) by Diana Gabaldon A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6) by Diana Gabaldon An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7) by Diana Gabaldon Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon
This series is comprised of one epic story. Each book is like a chapter in that larger story. It is recommended that you read the books in the order they were published.
To find out when book 9 will be released click here.

Novellas:
The Space Between (Outlander, #7.5) by Diana Gabaldon A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows (Outlander, #8.5) by Diana Gabaldon
(#7.5)(#8.5)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly in Amber.

October 19, 2014 – Shelved
October 19, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 2, 2014 –
50.0% "I finally made it to the half way point!\n \n description"
February 22, 2016 – Shelved as: on-hold-for-now

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)

Brandi Lol. I need to read this one soon. I've been missing Jamie! Enjoy :))

Amy | Foxy Blogs It's super long!!! I feel like I'm not making any progress in the book. LOL
You get your monies worth with this book. :)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Yay!!
Enjoy Foxy!! :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Patty ❤️❤️ is ASHTON PIERCE's ❤️❤️ KITTEN wrote: "Yay!!
Enjoy Foxy!! :)"

Thanks! ♥ It's so long...it's taking me forever to get through it. I'm almost half way. LOL

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog I feel like every book has been this way for me lately!! LOL

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy So do you like the book or the TV series better? :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs Cindy wrote: "So do you like the book or the TV series better? :)"

Good question!!! I think the tv show enhance the books. The tv show is adaption of the books. So, we get more povs in the tv show instead of just Clair's in the books. :)
I say- YES to both of them. :)

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Cindy wrote: "So do you like the book or the TV series better? :)"

LOL! I am glad that you are enjoying them both;)

Amy | Foxy Blogs you going to read them?

message 10: by Nance (new) - added it

Nance I've been trying to read this like forever. I loved the first one, but what is wrong with me??? I just can't get into this. So, how do you feel about the first half of this book, Amy???

Amy | Foxy Blogs Nance,

Well, (view spoiler)

message 12: by Nance (last edited Dec 02, 2014 05:36PM) (new) - added it

Nance Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Nance,

Well, I struggled through this beginning too. I kept calling my mom and asking "WHEN is Jamie going to show up and why is Claire back in modern time.
This one hasn't held my attention ..."

Okay so maybe after the 1st of the year I will give the entire series my full attention. I always hear such stellar reviews of this series. So, maybe it's time to get serious reading it...lol! And, besides I would love to either watch the TV series or see it on DVD....

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) How Yummy is he? I just got hooked on this show right before the second season started. I was randomly stopped on the channel when it was running a marathon of the last season. Can't get enough of Jamie.

Amy | Foxy Blogs Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "How Yummy is he? I just got hooked on this show right before the second season started. I was randomly stopped on the channel when it was running a marathon of the last season. Can't get enough o..."

I love him! Excited the second of season 1 has started!

message 15: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash I am so on the fence about this one.....I LOVED Outlander, but then I kind of read about what happens here, and I was really not happy about it :/

Amy | Foxy Blogs Ashley wrote: "I am so on the fence about this one.....I LOVED Outlander, but then I kind of read about what happens here, and I was really not happy about it :/"

I keep forgetting to finish this one. *sigh*

message 17: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I am so on the fence about this one.....I LOVED Outlander, but then I kind of read about what happens here, and I was really not happy about it :/"

I keep forgetting to finish this ..."

what do you think of what you have read? any good compared to the first one?

Amy | Foxy Blogs I'm going to put this in a spoiler ...(view spoiler)

message 19: by Ash (last edited May 01, 2015 09:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash Amy (Foxy) wrote: "I'm going to put this in a spoiler ...

Once it switched ba..."

Yeah I read about that and it freaking threw me off so bad.....I just...dont know how I feel about it. Maybe someday...

Amy | Foxy Blogs Yea...that's why it's been on hold for so long. going on 5 months

message 21: by Ash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ash Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Yea...that's why it's been on hold for so long. going on 5 months"

that sucks. I've heard great things, but once you get used to something, its really hard to get attached to something else.

message 22: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah Brown Could Jamie be any more sexy? I don't think so. :)

Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog) Good lord, 743 pages?! Is that why you've been reading it since last year? I haven't read the series.

Amy | Foxy Blogs Angela wrote: "Good lord, 743 pages?! Is that why you've been reading it since last year? I haven't read the series."

Yea, partly. The beginning frustrated me ...so it was harder to get into.

I need to pick it back up and finish it.

message 25: by Nita (new)

Nita Kohli Woww...you are reading this book!! I want to read it but the size of these books scare me so much that I always drop the idea of reading this series. I mean had it been only one book I would have picked it up but the whole series of such thick books!! For the same reason I have not read Game of Thrones series yet.

message 26: by Tina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tina Wright It's worth it to get through DIA so you can read Voyager (the best book of the series, IMO). My interest waned from book four on...

Amy | Foxy Blogs Nita - the size is scary to me too. #overwhelming

Tina - Thank you for the reminder about this book bc I do plan to finish it. I'm glad to hear the next one is better ...maybe that will motivate me to finally finish.

Patricia C I'm giving you likes for this review solely for the opening line of "let the kilt drop part 2." It got a true, hearty LOL out of me.

Amy | Foxy Blogs Patricia wrote: "I'm giving you likes for this review solely for the opening line of "let the kilt drop part 2." It got a true, hearty LOL out of me."

LOL...thanks, Patricia