Keriann McKenna's Reviews > God Whisperer

God Whisperer by Kimberley Troutte

A heart warming story about a young boy, David, who hears God after surgery to correct a defective ear, and God is non denominational--God by whatever name you call Him.

A young mother's desire for her child to have two normal looking ears and be able to hear out of both of them, brings about changes in her son she never imagined. Lonnie has protected him since birth on her own.

With little money, she works at any legal job she can find, encounters some dangerous characters, but manages to fly under the radar...until word gets out that her son talks to God. A reporter's dream, a mother's nightmare.

David's father has long hoped to reunite with his wife and meet his son. A newscast on TV

gives him a fresh lead and he renews his search.

It's difficult to put into words how much I enjoyed this book. I could say I couldn't put it down, but I didn't have to--my Kindle slid out of my hands sometime after 2 a.m. when apparently my eyelids went on strike. I finished it the next day.

I loved the main characters, and the secondary characters were delightful...well, except for the bad guys, but they bought the suspense to the story. The school children were perfectly written, as was Lonnie's zany best friend, Carrie Beth.

Thank you, Kimberley, for gifting me your wonderful story. I laughed, I got misty, and more importantly I was reminded of a message I would do well to keep in my heart every day...and it came on a day when I really needed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Whisperer.

Started Reading