Megan's Reviews > Cinder & Ella

Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram

Oct 18, 2014

bookshelves: review-books, read-in-2014, fairy-tale-retelling, favorites
Read 3 times. Last read October 23, 2014 to October 24, 2014.

I loved Cinder & Ella! This really surprised me since I wasn't expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did. Sure, I thought I'd like it, but I didn't expect it to be one of my favorite reads of the year. Ever since I've finished it I've been telling people that they need to read this book - it is just that good!

The story grab me from the first chapter and it kept me up late to finish it - I couldn't put it down!

With Cinder & Ella being a retelling of Cinderella there were many similarities to the fairy tale, but the novel had so many twists and unique aspects that it was almost a completely new story.

If you've read many of my reviews you know that I've said this before, but I'm a person that doesn't cry very easily so usually when I get misty eyed I equate that with others bawling. This book had tears streaming down my face...several different times, for different reasons.

There was some language that wouldn't be appropriate for younger readers, but if you can overlook that I think you would greatly enjoy this book too.

I received a complimentary copy of this book to review. I was asked to give my honest opinion of the book - which I have done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder & Ella.