Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)'s Reviews > Tangled

Tangled by Emma Chase

Well, I'm bumping up my rating. Over the past few months (yes, you saw right. Months) I've read a lot of books. Some good, some bad and some very, very ugly. But if it's one thing I learnt, it was to appreciate every book that made you laugh or entertained you .

Initially, I have given this book a mediocre 3 stars. Why? Because Drew tested my patience sometimes, he was a complete asshole and he thinks he's God's gift to women. But then (by then, I mean 17 weeks later) I realised that this book wouldn't be the same without Drew's assholic actions. So yeah, Drew's an asshole. So yeah, he tests my patience, but goddamit he made me keel over in fits of laughter. So I'm raising this from a 3 stars to a 4 stars.

Back when I started this 5 months ago (yeah...), the wonderful Kat Stark suggested I make a note of every time Drew acts like an asshole and then count how many times I wanted to punch him in the face (her words, not mine, although that accurately describes what I'm feeling).Well, Kat, I couldnt get everything because my hand started to hurt after the first 50 pages, but here are some quotes I picked of classic Drew-isms.

If a guy who you just met at a club calls you baby, sweetheart, angel, or any other generic endearment? Don’t make the mistake of thinking he’s so into you, he’s already thinking up pet names.It’s because he can’t or doesn’t care to remember your actual name.

Jeez, dont be honest or anything

First of all, if a chick wants me to respect her, she needs to act like someone worth respecting.

*squints eyes*

Maybe you’ll understand my point of view if I put it this way. You brush your teeth, right? Well, suppose your favorite toothpaste is Aquafresh. But the store is out. All they have is Colgate. What are you going to do? You’re going to use the Colgate, right?

Did you just...did you just compare women to toothpaste?!

“You’re a goddamn idiot, you know that, Drew?”I bet you were starting to wonder why we call her The Bitch. Well, here you go.

She would be if she was lying.

Okay, okay, I'm done. But seriously, this was fun. Surprisingly, I have many fond memories of this book (most of which include thinking of many different ways to maim Drew, but let's leave that for another day. But nothing in this book sent me on a rage-destroy-kill and never once did I want to chuck my kindle to the wall. In my books, that's a clear winner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled.

October 18, 2014 – Started Reading
October 18, 2014 – Shelved
October 18, 2014 –
0.0% "This one's for you, Kat!"
October 18, 2014 –
3.0% "What the hell? He calls his sister The Bitch? Jesus."
Finished Reading
October 19, 2014 –
100.0% "Yikes. Most of my notes are angry scrawls filled with how I want to castrate Drew in million different ways. Review to come (with a LOT of quotes)"
October 19, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014-read
March 10, 2015 – Shelved as: so-fun-i-dont-care-its-stupid
March 10, 2015 – Shelved as: contemporary
March 10, 2015 – Shelved as: adult
March 23, 2015 – Shelved as: 2014-favs
March 23, 2015 – Shelved as: sweet

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

pheww oh boy the pressure. you should document every time you wanna punch drew in the face

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 19, 2014 06:50AM) (new)

Yeah...for some reason, I didn't think you'd like it. You didn't like Reasonable Doubt either did you? LOL, at least you'll know when I say asshole three times in a review. I mean it!!

Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing) Reasonable Doubt? Damn, I dont even remembering reading it, but my memory is pretty shoddy, so who knows. Asshole doesn't even BEGIN to cover this guy. It's probably the understatement of the century ;)

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 19, 2014 08:24AM) (new)

I'm trying to think of a worse word than asshole. Here's all the synonyms:

ass
jerk
pilgarlic
prig
schmuck

Yeah, he's all those, but it's one of those things where..."yeah he's an asshole, but he's my asshole" type deals for me at least. Maybe it's because I have so many douchebag guy friends..and I'm kind of a douchebag to guys too. Not in a sexual way, but more in an asshole way.

Edit: OH!! I remember distinctly that Devin doesn't call me when I'm with my friends, because he says I always sound so masculine. Like I'm brief, to the point, and I sound like an asshole.

I just thought that it was funny to add.

Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing) Kinda like Jericho Barrons, huh? He is the douchebags of douchebags...but he is also strangely endearing to some. I never got it, though.

The thing is, I prefer not to go into any serious relationships because I don't get the time (stupid reason, I know. But it makes perfect sense to me), so I have these random guys hitting on me all the time. So I have my best guy friend pretend to be my boyfriend in public. It's actually quite hilarious. But he hates when I bring along my best girl friend, who hates his guts. He says that I take her side and gang up on him (that may or may not be true. Sisters before Misters)

Silly boy. Doesn't know that that's the case everywhere.

Silly boy. Doesn't know that that's the case everywhere.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

hahhaha!! that's hilariously awesome. way to buff those dudes off, plus roleplaying is always fun as shit

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't like barrons either...geez...maybe I'm just a picky bitch but I do love laughing. points for laughing.

Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing) I tolerate Jericho because he loves Mac and respects her (and she grows on you, so my feelings have definitely changed towards her), but otherwise, I wouldn't give a rat's ass to what happens to him.

And yeah, role playing is fun. Sometimes, me and afford mentioned best girl friends even act like a lesbian couple. Ah, what a gullible world.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

awee glad you took note. You must have been going through some real stinkers lately to make you rethink this one