Lea Wait's Reviews > Twisted Threads

Twisted Threads by Lea Wait

(Review from the author)

Yes - I'm Lea Wait, the author of TWISTED THREADS, the first in the Mainely Needlepoint series. And I'm very excited about this new series. The protagonist, Angela Curtis (known as "Angel" to her grandmother) is a Mainer and most, if not all, of the series will be set in Haven Harbor, Maine. (That's down the coast a bit from Cabot Cove and Weymouth. :)) The series is written from Angie's point of view -- she's 28, and not as book-educated as Maggie Summer, the protagonist of my Shadows Antique Print Mystery series. Angie had a rough childhood .. her single mother had a bad reputation in their small town, and she disappeared when Angie was ten. Angie herself was called names, and then lived up to some of them. Her grandmother did her best, but as soon as she finished high school, Angie lit out for anywhere-but-Maine. She ended up in Mesa, Arizona, where she worked for a private investigator. So now, ten years later, she has a gun license and experience investigating.

She's been through a lot, but she's a survivor. And when her grandmother calls to say "They've found your mother, Angel. It's time to come home," Angie's on the next plane. Back in the home town she both loved and hated, she's determined to find out what really happened to her mother. And she agrees to help her grandmother find the agent who's put Gram's Mainely Needlepoint business at risk. (Gram and her Mainely Needleworkers do custom needlepoint for boutiques and interior designers. They also help identify and restore old embroidery.)

Those who loved the antiques information in the Shadows series will like Sarah Bryne, a Needlepointer who is also an antique dealer, and the bits and pieces of information about old embroidery that is at the beginning of each chapter. And - most of all - I hope you'll get to love Angie Curtis!

Welcome to Haven Harbor!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Threads.

Started Reading
October 18, 2014 – Shelved
October 18, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Stormi (BMReviewsohmy) Started this one just today. I can't wait to finish it. :)

Sharon I just finished it and totally enjoyed it. Can't wait to read the next in this series.

message 3: by Lea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lea Wait So glad, Sharon! Threads of Evidence (the second in the series) will be published August 25 - it's available for pre-order now. Thanks for your comment! Lea

Linda Lpp I'm excited to ser my needle down and thread my way into this book (and series). Now if I can find an audio format I am all set.

message 5: by Lea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lea Wait Linda Lpp wrote: "I'm excited to ser my needle down and thread my way into this book (and series). Now if I can find an audio format I am all set."

There is an audio version ... hope you find the format you're looking for!!!

Readstoomuch I have just begun this first book in the series today. I'm barely into it and am already hooked!! 😊

message 7: by Lea (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lea Wait So glad! Love new readers!

message 8: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat Juggler Please clarify. Is Sarah's last name "Byrne", "Byrnes" or "Bryne"?
You've spelled it all three ways.

Enjoyed the book. I figured early on who the murderer of the mama was. Had a good chuckle in chapter 3 when Angie was talking with Ethan wondering if her mama had run away from her, but now we'll never know because Joe Green is dead, too. "I'm sure Lauren would like to know, too," said Joe softly. Then later, in chapter 5, he's called 'Evan'.

"...hoped there wasn't much left tea in it."
Robin Cook and Stephanie Finnegan "you got some splainin' to do".