Adite's Reviews > The Cure was Love

The Cure was Love by Reet Singh

A Mills & Boon is the perfect pick me up for one of those days when everything seems wrong with the world. With its combination of escapism, good old fashioned mush, some lust and the mandatory Happily Ever After, it can be just what the doctor ordered! Reet Singh’s new book, The Cure Was Love, definitely delivers on all those counts.

When doctor-in-training Simi Gill finds herself in a strange bedroom in New York with half her clothes missing and a six foot hunk murdering an Elvis Presley number with his off-tune warbling, she is all ready to ward off a predator. The dishy stranger, however, turns out to be her saviour. What’s more, he is a surgeon with a fetish for turtleneck sweaters and goes by the name of Rudy Bhatnagar. His only “fatal flaw” – apart from his terrible singing skills – is his “shockingly bad handwriting”! Hunk or not, Simi has no intention of giving in to the sizzling attraction between them and breaking her vow of never falling for adorable men. She has only weeks to go before returning home to Chandigarh, and she is definitely not into a holiday romance. Besides, the devastatingly attractive Dr. Rudy Bhatnagar still seems to carry a torch for his ex-wife. But Murphy’s Law strikes and Simi and Rudy keep crossing each other’s paths. Can Simi resist Rudy’s charms and stick to her agenda? Read the book to find out.

Reet Singh tells a charming love story. The writing is fluent, the banter between the couple is witty. A couple of times I really wanted to knock the two on their heads and give them a good shake for dithering! :D Grab a copy, you won’t regret chasing these two from New York to Chandigarh with a slight detour in Kolkata.

(Note: I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest review.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cure was Love.

Started Reading
October 17, 2014 – Shelved
October 17, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Margitte (new)

Margitte Love your review, but romance is not my reading-of-choice. :-)

Adite Thanks, Margitte. To each her own! ;)

message 3: by Margitte (new)

Margitte Adite wrote: "Thanks, Margitte. To each her own! ;)"

Yes, indeed. Freedom of choice is a good thing.