Artemiz's Reviews > As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride

As You Wish by Cary Elwes

bookshelves: 2014

It was a long time ago when I first saw The Princess Bride and since then this is one of my favorite films. Even tough I saw Lady Jane before The Princess Bride and I was also familiar with Santa Barbara soap-opera, Cary Elwes and Robin Wright associate for me first always with The Princess Bride and then with all the others - Hot Shots, Robin Hood, Men in Tights and Adore.

It's really heart warming to read about how the book, The Princess Bride, got started, how the idea of making it into a movie was in the air for thirteen years, how the cast was found, how they become one big happy family, how the movie made the classical iconic movie move - did relatively poorly at the box office but once it was released to home movies it become a well loved and well known classic.

At the same time, when I ask people here, in Estonia, do you know the movie - well so far nobody has answered, yes I do :(. But I know the movie, I love the story, I love the characters, love the actors and I will spread the word.

Thank you for such a wonderful narrative about how the movie become to be. It's really treat to read for a movie puff, like me :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As You Wish.

October 16, 2014 – Shelved
October 16, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 28, 2014 – Started Reading
October 30, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014
October 31, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Juuli (new)

Juuli I love the movie Princess Bride. My obsession with romance stories started with this one.

Artemiz Finally, somebody who knows the movie! Thank you, Juuli!!!

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane You're asking the wrong people... A couple of my friends (Estonian, btw) recommended the Princess Bride to me a couple of years ago.

Artemiz True, looks like people around me are from another planet, or something :). I'm glad there is more of us.