Donna's Reviews > And When She Was Good

And When She Was Good by Laura Lippman

liked it
bookshelves: thriller

This is the three-stariest book I have ever read. My engagement in reading it was so perfectly mediocre. I don't mean it's badly written (neither the plot nor the grammar), and I don't mean I was bored. I wasn't. I kind of idly felt mild interest in finding out what happens next most of the time I was reading it, and I didn't really like any of the characters and I didn't really hate any of them, and it was interesting to read about the prostitution version of Weeds or Breaking Bad, and the mystery wasn't all that clever or compelling, but it wasn't dull and predictable either. The book was just...there. Reading it was...a thing that happened. I don't feel any ill will towards it, and I'd certainly consider reading another book by Laura Lippman, so I guess it *just* falls on the side of being good. Or at least not bad. I wouldn't recommend it, but I wouldn't caution you against it. I seriously have nothing useful to say about this book at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And When She Was Good.

October 15, 2014 – Shelved