Emily Arden's Reviews > Lover by Moonlight: Deception: Book One

Lover by Moonlight by Emily Arden

Oct 15, 2014

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: romance, my-books

'Lover by moonlight' contains sex scenes and adult themes, so don't read it if you prefer your romances sweet.
It's a story about Roberto, who steps in to save his stepsister Rosa from throwing herself away on a creep. Yet does he go too far? And was it fair of him to deceive her so badly? His redeeming quality is that he's loved her for years, a love which dares much and risks everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover by Moonlight.

Quotes Emily Liked

Emily Arden
“You may not mean to, but you do seem to look down your nose at many of us mere mortals muddling along down here. I feel as though you think everyone should be better than they are. I certainly think you expect me to behave like some sort of perfect princess. But I’m just an ordinary girl who wants to grow up and find out where I belong in the world.”

Emily Arden
“Roberto reached out to gently stroke a finger down her cheek. “You were like a miracle to me – how could I help loving you and wanting to protect you? I only want the best for you Rosa.”

Emily Arden
“I guess I’m just waiting for someone who makes me feel good – someone I can’t bear to be apart from. Juliet was so lucky to find her Romeo and I guess I’m just waiting for mine to turn up.”

Emily Arden
“Perhaps it was the darkness and secrecy that lent an extra layer of excitement to their meeting? Certainly, all of her other senses felt heightened to an almost unbearable extent. She couldn’t see, but she could hear the distant strains of dance music as the steady beat thrummed through her body; and she could feel so much with just one touch.”

Emily Arden
“It was a perfect moment and she was shocked to feel a tear roll slowly down her cheek. The warm droplet reached his finger where it lay against her skin, and even though it was far too dark to see anything clearly, she sensed that he was bringing it up to his mouth.”

Emily Arden
“Roberto knew that he now had the power to influence the future. He needed to send a message back, and whatever he chose to say would affect Rosa and would help to guide her future choices. He felt a strong sense of guilt and responsibility about the situation in which he found himself, but he knew that he had to make it work. Somehow he needed to find a way to do the best that he could by his Rosa.”

Emily Arden
“His muscles flexed as he stood, and Rosa couldn’t prevent herself from watching with veiled admiration. He was certainly a very beautiful man. She looked away in embarrassment, worried she might say or do something inappropriate.”

Emily Arden
“How could she admit that it wasn’t the cold that had made her shiver, but forbidden thoughts of her stepbrother?”

Emily Arden
“If he spoke, he knew that he would break the spell. As soon as she knew her Romeo wasn’t coming she would be disappointed. She would doubtless be angry with him, perhaps even sense that it was somehow his fault.
But at this moment she was happy and breathless with anticipation. Tonight was her night and she wanted to be loved.”

Emily Arden
“He looked at her and could see she was trembling, her face even paler than usual and her eyes wide and vulnerable. His heart went out to her and he reached towards her, gathering her much smaller hand into his.
“It’s OK Rosa. Whatever you have to say to me, it’s OK. Don’t be afraid – nothing will come between us now.”

Emily Arden
“Another tear appeared and then another, trailing silently down her cheeks. This was so much harder than she’d thought it would be. She was usually so articulate, yet at the moment her brain seemed to have turned to mush.
He turned his head to kiss the tears from her cheek, and it was as though his act of tenderness finally unleashed the truth that was struggling to emerge.”

October 15, 2014 – Started Reading