Amy Snyder's Reviews > Blockade Billy

Blockade Billy by Stephen King

F 50x66
Jun 21, 2010

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** I am a huge Stephen King fan and always look forward to getting his books in the mail. but this book was extremely disappointing. Early on it was cleary that there was going to be a problem with Billy, and it was evident that he had an alternate agenda. Youjust knew that he had cut the guy with the razor early on. And being a fan of baseball, you knew that there had to be something severly out of the ordinary for them to expunge a whole season's worth of baseball. I was not surprised when it turned out that he was not Billy all along but was an imposter, though I do not like the way it played out. How could they not have known it was not Billy? Someone would have come forward, especially since he had been playing such exceptional ball. I did not find any of the excitement or suspense that I feel in most of King's boks, and the story just seemed flat. Even when the crowd was excited about something Billy would do, and their blockade signs, etc., I just did not feel the same tension. I never liked Billy, and maybe that was part of the problem, but I was not thrilled with the narration either. It lacked emotion. The only time I really got excited about the book is when the manager began to freak out. Then, I was finally interested.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blockade Billy.